Hi-speed return to pimp inlet

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Nemo963, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Nemo963

Nemo963 Member

going to play around with a high speed this season, blown alcohol BBC. I have an up to this point unused set up for a "pump loop" basically returning the fuel to a smaller existing (-6) fitting on the inlet side of the pump. Not retuning much fuel (starting out with a 50 pill, system tops out at 105 psi according to datalogger). I have open ports on my tank but it will add quite a bit of fuel line to do it, will retuning it to the inlet side of the pump cause problems with cavitation in my application?

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Your fuel pressure seems to be too low. Where are you picking off the pressure, before the Barrell valve or after it? The standard is at before the barrel valve and it should be 125-130 psi. Look at the pump loop as being an extension of the main jet to bypass fuel to keep the main jet size in a good range normally between 76 and 105 (for me). Using a high speed with a check valve is really not a high speed because it will open right on launch when the fuel pressure shoots up. I much prefer to have them on a timer so I can control the launch then open after a set time like .5 seconds or 1.2 seconds. If you are pulling out timing for the launch then opening a high speed during that time for more power kinda defeats pulling out timing. If you really want to play with the fuel setup then I would recommend getting a fuel software like Alky Pro. Also returning the fuel from the pump loop or high speed to the pump inlet is just fine. Never had a problem doing it.

Hope I haven't confused the issue.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. Nemo963

Nemo963 Member

No that makes sense, I actually have a FIE style electronic lean-out set up in that loop now so running off a timer should be no problem.