Helmet bar padding

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by C&S Racing, Jun 7, 2004.

1. C&S Racing

C&S Racing New Member

Does anybody know where some of the fuel guys and funnycars are getting the new padding for the helmet bars ? I've seen a logo patch on them that say's ISP.
    Charlie

2. Harry Rydbom

Harry Rydbom Member

Summit has it in stock ;) ;) ;)

3. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

is this the stuff Cruz added? I'd be interested too

4. C&S Racing

C&S Racing New Member

Bill; Harry misunderstood what i was asking about i'm looking for the same stuff you are which isn,t the normal helmet bar padding everybody is using now and always has this is the new stuff only a few pro teams are using that looks to be probably 1.5 inches thick by three inches wide or so.
    Charlie

5. C&S Racing

C&S Racing New Member

The new helmet bar padding like Cruz and some of the top fuel guys are using can be purchased at BSR Products at 1-800-432-2798 ask for Trevor.They are sfi approved now for about 200 bucks.
    Charlie

6. James2

James2 Member

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference between this padding, and what other stuff is currently available? (For example: Taylor, Simpson, Summit, etc)

I'll need some padding for my cage soon. Thanks.

7. C&S Racing

C&S Racing New Member

Yes;there is a difference between this padding and what nhra requires on the rest of the cage. This padding is common to the helmet bars only which is thicker and narrows down the side to side movement of your head. If your a bracket racer where you might be trying to turn your head to see the other car this could get in the way of your line of vision.
    Charlie

8. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

thanks Charlie, I'm going to look into it. I saw Cruz's cage and it was impressive.