HD Partners Acquisition Corp

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by eli, Dec 19, 2007.

1. eli

eli Banned

Any new devlopments with HD Partners Acquisition Corp? Is the deal still going on? I'v been watching there stock and it stays steady by just pennys.
    The new year is almost here, Whats the skinny? :rolleyes:

2. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Eli, check out that video, Light speaks of how sportsman is built into the contract for the next 25 years and nothing can change that, as well as sportsman in that 25 years Will compete at All National Events as well as continued Divisional presence.

It's really kind of interesting and it's documented on video.

Happy Holidays,
    Nancy

3. roger001@telus.net

roger001@telus.net New Member

Nancy Do you mean all national events or the limited number we now run. Roger

4. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

according to what he said in the video it's sportsman will run at All National Events. My guess is, they'll keep us the way it is, running 16 or 18 of 24. But where we're absent, others are there and vice versa so it's still "Sportsman at All National Events".

Main thing is the 25 year claus that locks in Sportsman for that duration, now if they scuplt that (or not) in the future is left to be seen, but he didn't give any indication of that in the speech.

5. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

So Whats New????

Seems as though nobody in this class is wanting to address the issue of purses at national events (Or divisionals).
    With all this money that NHRA is ending up with and the promised improvments
    why not improve the payout.
    It seems really strange to me that the sport keeps growing and generating revenue that the prize money in the alcohol classes stay the same. I cannot remember the last time it was increased.
    When I look back at the price of gasoline, diesel, nitro, tires, oil, spark plugs,
    engine parts, etc. five years ago compared to today the cost to run a TA car has about doubled. But wait, we are still running for the same payout. Now I know some would say we are sportsman racers and we could be racing for tropies only but how many of you out there when you look at performance of these cars and write the checks feel like sportsman. Many have sponsors and are able to pass the increased cost on to them but there are a lot of TA racers who have to cover all or a big part of the cost themselves. NHRA themselves will not even run the TA classes at the Sportsman Nationals and can't really deside what to do with the TA classes. How about doubleing the purse at Nationals and divisionals. THE MONEY WILL BE THERE!!!
    How about showing at least the semi's and finals in the TA class on Raceday?
    How about including the TA classes in the Sportsman Nationals for the extra points and more TV time?
    How about requiring and assisting promotion of the divisional races. These are NHRA santioned races and they should be ashamed of the spectator turnout. Looks like if the sportsman racing is all that is controlled by NHRA now this is something they would look to address.
    If you agree, disagree, or have your own comments concerning these situations let er rip.
    Have a Merry Christmas.
    Bob Holley

6. eli

eli Banned

Quarter-Mile Record Holders
    Updated 11/19/2007 Professional Categories

Class E.T. Speed Date Driver/Car Location
    TF 4.428 11/12/06 Tony Schumacher - Long Grove, IL
    Pomona, CA
    TF 336.15 05/25/05 Tony Schumacher - Long Grove, IL
    '05 Hadman R.E.D Hebron, OH
    FC 4.659 02/26/07 Tony Pedregon - Brownsburg, IN
    '07 Chevy Chandler, AZ
    FC 333.66 11/12/06 Jack Beckman - North Hills, CA
    Pomona, CA
    PS 6.536 03/18/07 Greg Anderson - Concord, NC
    '07 Pontiac Gainesville, FL
    PS 211.69 03/18/07 Jason Line - Terrell, NC
    '07 Pontiac Gainesville, FL
    PSM 6.871 06/23/07 Angelle Sampey - Mathews, LA
    '03 Suzuki Englishtown, NJ
    PSM 197.45 03/19/05 Andrew Hines - Brownsburg, IN
    '04 HD V-Rod Gainesville, FL
    TAD 5.103 284.75 04/01/07 Bill Reichert - Owosso, MI
    '97 Bowen Baytown, TX
    TAFC 5.454 10/15/06 Frank Manzo - Morganville, NJ
    '06 Chevy Petersburg, VA
    TAFC 265.74 03/18/07 Frank Manzo - Morganville, NJ
    '07 Chevrolet

Where do you see sportsman racers???

7. G FORCE JUNKIE

G FORCE JUNKIE New Member

Still The same discussion as the one in October?? I think it's going to be us that has to find a way to fix it as it seem's NHRA isn't going to and if they arn't as a "MEMBER OWNED" entity there needs to be accountability and an open business plan as to where that hundred million's going!!!!!
    Amen Eli; There are no Sportsman At this level!!!!!

Kent

10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
    G FORCE JUNKIE
    Super Comp Join Date: Jan 2007

Recently re borne to the sport (started going to drag races in early 70's at Lions drag strip, raced super comp and super pro in the NW in the early 80's then was in recovery till 2005, 2006, fell off the wagon bought a 285" BAD and sponsored a TAFC for 2007) I have to agree with Will, No offense to Bruce but it may be a dead horse but we shouldn't just be beating it we should be kicking it!! From my point of view the only difference between you TAD and TAFC owners / drivers and the TF guys is a half a second, Reichert has his sites set to be the first in the 4"s and to "Buba wana see somethan go really fast and blow up" there is no difference! He’ll pay the same! It's the way the track and the media segregates the cars that emphasizes the difference and the fact that most of us have to drive all night Sunday night to be back to "Work" on Monday makes us "Sportsman Racers" well our cars cost about the same and "Sportsman" do not have a Kenworth and a 53' liftgate champion or $300,000 in a Renegade deal, spend $10 G's on a good weekend and lets not talk about the bad ones! You guy's are professionals and I think it's a real crime that large companies would rather spend a million bucks for just the hood of a car that makes 2 hours of left turns than a hundred grand for the entire body of a flopper. At the minimum by division we all arrive at the same place every weekend to compete with one another maybe we should take this opportunity to meet for a couple of ours to brainstorm with the track on how to fix the front gate problems, not use this time to complain who "burnt you down in the last round" but really be productive. Every track has a band in the area that’s popular with the locals and will usually perform for a few hundred bucks, let’s bring them in after last round on Saturday night? Maybe a mandatory % of the back gate of an event, be spent on advertising the next event? Buy one get one free tickets? When we were at the Topeka division race someone came into our pits that new of our company, lived in Topeka and didn't even know there was a race?? But they came, (6 adults 8 kids, all had something from concessions in their hand) because they got 4 free tickets, so they purchased at least 2 more (not sure about kid tickets, cost?) Key here is they didn't hear anything in there own town and if not for a few free tickets would have sat on the couch watching the other guys! Sorry for the length but $2500 to win is almost embarrassing to compete for and from a sponsor’s point of view we need the seats to be full. Let’s activly work on this problem this winter so maybe 2008 can be better for all of us and the greatest sport on earth!!
    Kent Goss
    President & CEO
    Operational Solutions Inc.

8. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

The only way "us" can effect fixing the problems in the TA classes is to make our voices heard. The best way to do that is to get an active association that will address the real problems. Look around and see how many minorities have figured this out. They get organized and make a lot of noise! Nancy I'm afraid that your joy over the 25 year clause NHRA has with the HD Partners means another 25 years of the same treatment this clas has received in the past. In an ideal world NHRA would recognize how important the TA classes could be to the sportsman and divisional races and right the ship. But somehow I get the feeling that if we were not there they would just do as they have in the Sports Nationals and hire in a couple of TF, Pro Stock and a Jet car to advertise which would take up about the same amount of time and expense as the purse in the TA Classes. How many of you TA racers feel the love????? We have no one on our side. By educating the fans and forming an association of both TAFC and TAD would be a start. Some in these classes may not care or even consider the payout but I believe the majority does.
    Someone step up and catch the ball. I will be the first to assist you.

9. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Wasnt that the goal of the Top Alcohol Racers Association that Shelly Howard, Tate Branch, Duane Shields and several others formed a few years ago. To go to NHRA as a group of races with a voice to address the issues in regards to the alcohol racers? I dont know if it was a lack of interest, maybe something to do with the underlying parity issues or Shelly's untimely passing that TARA went away. Maybe something like that needs to be started again.

10. eli

eli Banned

What the f_ _ _

I have no idea what this means but it's on there web site.
    HD Partners Acquisition Corp. filed its 10-K on April 02, 2007 for the period ending December 31, 2006. In this report its auditor, Goldstein Golub Kessler LLP, gave an unqualified opinion expressing doubt that the company can continue as a going concern. :eek: Also on this site it says they changed LLP's

Last edited: Dec 25, 2007
  11. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Agree!! 100%

Hey Bob, I was just clarifying the "are we going to be racing still" myth, with the HD Speech that Light did. I completely agree that purse and year end accomplishments as well needs increase.

I know that Kebin has a thing going with Billy Meyer for the Dallas Divisional for free tickets etc.......Lee & James do there share for Racer appreciation stuff, Patty & Steve have done the same thing. Hmmm, this is a good thing to be reminded of. hmmmm, I need to put on a creative thinking hat for a while, where there's a will, there's a way, it just may take time for all of us to pull together something cohesive that can be presented.

Merry Christmas Everyone, And to our Troops: Thank you for everything you're doing and hopefully you'll all be home soon.

Nancy

12. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Frankie, Anyone: What was the outcome, does anyone know or have any info of an agenda that was being pursued? Petition letter's? Anything?

I'll get in touch with Tate and Conway (after today since it's Christmas) does anyone have a contact email or info for Duane? Cheryl? Dana? (I lost Cheryl's number, I think in cell phone 2 after moving to Texas :rolleyes:)

Thanks in advance for any education that may be available out there.

Nancy

(be safe today!!!)

13. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Theres a team from western PA south of Pittsburgh who were TARA members and post here that could tell ya. :) Will has their contact info

14. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

TARA was a good thing but was preoccupied for a long time with the parity issue. In every organazation there is a key person. TARA's was Shelly. She was a great person and is missed greatly. With her passing TARA just faded away.
    The balls in the air Nancy!
    It really doesn't matter if the HD sale of the pro's goes through or not. There is a need for all us owners and drivers in the alcohol classes to communicate through an association.
    The mission should be not to boycott or make demands but to have a strong association that would have a unified voice for the majority of its members and to work with promoters, sanction bodies, etc. for the promotion, safety,
    and financial well being of the classes.
    With modern communications it doesn't matter that members are located all over the map.
    I think a strong association would result in much greater apprication for the TA Classes.
    I may not even race after this year but the TA racers deserve better in the future than they have had it in the past.

15. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Hi Bob, Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Is there Any Documentation, proposals, game plans, anything that I can research or is available for review?????

I'll call Tate first of the year as well as Tom to see what they know, have,

I guess the first step, is, the first step, to see what we can do/propose and come together as the family that we really are within this class. It may take time, but we all have that on our side.

:)

16. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Nancy Bruce Bowler that owns Phoenix Apperal was on the board and a player.
    Shelly called me a couple of weeks prior to her accident and we talked about TARA for a long time. She asked me if I was willing to get involved? I told her yes I would but you know what happened. If you want I would be more than willing to help as I am retired and have the time to dedicate.

17. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Bob, will you PM me your number?

I have a couple of thoughts and if you have some other info, it'd be great to know before jumping in with both feet.

:eek:

18. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

19. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

Hey Bob, I just came back to this post and read that you put your email.

I'll email you with my number as I've also spoken to Janet & Mike Kosky.

ttyl

20. tad2155

tad2155 Member

Tara

hey guys and gals, we hope to be back soon in Div 2, put me in to help in any way we can on a board or group

Bama Boys