Hanna hired to tune Moore Racing Enterprises TAD in 2011

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Nov 26, 2010.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Hanna hired to tune Moore Racing Enterprises TAD in 2011

MOORESVILLE, NC – Newly licensed NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster driver/team Partner Scott Moore of Moore Racing Enterprises has announced the hiring of Will Hanna as Crew Chief/Consultant for the 2011 season. Moore, who made his competition debut in Aug., plans to run a significant schedule of divisional and national events in 2011. Team Partner and Former Nitro Funny Car pilot, Jim Epler, will continue as a Driver Advisor/Team Manager.

Hanna, who was named the 2009 NHRA Division 3 Pro Sportsman Mechanic of the Year after tuning Chris Foster to the Division 3 Top Alcohol Funny Car Championship, is looking forward to returning to the NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster category. He also serves as Crew Chief to Fred Hanssen’s Top Methanol Dragster, which competes on the FIA European Circuit.

“It’s an honor to be selected to work for Scott and Jim,” said Hanna. “We had a meeting one night over dinner in Pomona, and we are on the same page for team goals both on and off the track, so I’m very excited about this opportunity. Having a legend of the sport like Jim on board gives us instant credibility.”

“Nothing has changed in regards to the teams I have been working with,” added Hanna. “I will still race in Europe with Fred Hanssen’s Top Methanol Dragster team and with Chris Foster’s Top Alcohol Funny Car team. It will make for a busy schedule, but making more laps down the track will only help all three teams.”

“Moore Racing is very excited to have Will Hanna join the team in 2011” comments Moore. “Jim and I are committed to fielding a competitive car in 2011 and having Will on board is a critical piece of that plan”

Epler, who was the first Nitro Funny Car driver to eclipse the 300 mph mark, looks forward to working with Hanna in 2011.

"Scott and I are very proud of our 2010 achievements, building and running the car with just the two of us and one crew," noted Jim. "But the addition of Will Hanna to our team this year will allow us to take our competitive program to the next level and allow me to focus on the business side of racing."

The team plans to kick off their 2011 season at the Division 2 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series opener in Bradenton, Fla., Feb. 11-13.