getting paid

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Mike Pavia, May 27, 2009.

1. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

Does anyone have problems getting paid for the parts that they sell or the shipping charges due? I have a few guys that wont pay the shipping charges that were due and billed after the parts were recieved by the purchaser. An agreement was made before anything got shipped that any charges would be paid for by the buyer, yet I have not recieved anything in over 5 months. It just makes it more difficult to sell anything in the future to anyone that i dont already have an established relationship with that are trustworthy racers. I will be sharing my small list of "NO PAYS" with anyone who asks so they dont end up with the same situayion as this.

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Hey Mike:

Just post their names here on the Internet.

Hope all is well.

Randy

3. Mert Littlefield

Mert Littlefield New Member

Mike....I sent you a pm. If you don't get it, call me.
    Lee Littlefield
    Littlefield Blowers

4. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Mike
    Post the names and addresses
    sometimes it makes things happen faster
    when they see their name in the spotlight

also helps others know who is trustworthy

5. drn1013rd

drn1013rd Member

deadbeats

leahy has his deadbeat list on his website

6. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

yea....what John said.....it really does help

7. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

i get paid most of the time before i send the parts are pay the shipping the send it cod for the shipping it takes about two weeks to get your money from ups

8. Flyingpig

Flyingpig Member

I agree with Jim Phillips. Get your shipping money before you send it off. I have a couple customers that get what they want asap on their word. These customers are proven gold. Everyone else pays for the parts AND shipping up front before the parts leave me. If they use a check or money order the funds have to clear first.

9. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

Well I recieved a message from one of them 2 weeks ago but still no money. they have until monday then their name goes up in big letters on here and on another site that they frequent.

10. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

Non Payers!!

And so they should Mike!! Well done!! I've been ripped before,maybe if the bastards name had been up in "Spotlights" like that i wouldn't have been.
    Someone should start, and regularly edit a "list" for this very situation.:mad:

11. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

The only danger I see with having a "List" is that you have to trust the integrity of the people posting. Obviously, 99% of the people on ITA are completely trustworthy, I would just be afraid on some nutball posting a name for his own vindictive purposes, or perhaps before the situation was fully resolved.

12. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

I've been waiting on a check for 3 weeks and nothing yet.and they said it was sent out!!!..and this is a big name racer..if not here tomorrow ..yes I will let everyone know..Dave

13. hemi altered 378

this guy promised to send me some blower gel lube.......still waitin:rolleyes:
    some people !!!

14. Prospector

Prospector Member

Robert Rheel responded to a question about nitro fuel on the classic funny car board that Mike Pavia sells nitro. - Robert seems to be the kind of guy to stir other peoples shit - Lord knows how many emails I got from him when another guy owned me some stuff - which ultimately led me to find this thread on this site.

I am the recipient of this veiled thread. So I better air this to stop any further besmirching.

I bought a crank from Mike quite some time ago. great crank . paid in full as promised before he shipped. mike shipped it promptly and the crank checked out great. Good guy to deal with , more than reasonable price. clean transaction.

I had some confusion over subsequent freight bills from the carrier which I think may have been duties and taxes... I still don't know, I cant find all the documentation anymore... Mike also paid the freight at his end, and politily requested return payment on his end, some time ago now.
    Further, I had a family crisis about 6 weeks ago and things kind of got messed up in my world.

so mike , I have already written you a personal apology and here's an embarrassing but i guess nesseasary public one , and Robert, sorry , no shit here. Just a guy who is late paying a confusing 109 dollar freight bill .

and seeing as I need to tell my story of humbling delinquency and to the whole world here, I'd like to add that I buy lots of things from lots of people and business's and have never welched on anyone - ever.

sorry again Mike Pavia

Jay Mageau
    Mageau Family Racing
    Prospector AA/FC

15. secondwindracing

Darren...Darren...Darren...I haven't forgot you I will get it to you when the schumachers send me my check they have 9 cases I sent them that I still need to pay for..then I can order some more cases of it..also Jerry Farmer is going to get another case..sorry Dave

16. hemi altered 378

Dave.......you know i'm just trying to lighten the mood a little :D

17. secondwindracing

A little humor never hurts:)..Dave.p.s. this last bill is getting hard to get from themm...this sucks

18. Mike Pavia

Mike Pavia Member

May be a new name added to the list by this weekend!

19. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

Any time Ive ordered anything and shipping is involved I always was told a shipping price,It was to be paid upfront with the order,and the people that I was ordering from said thats how its done,(sadly I have ordered alot from alot).
    Also if a check was sent it would have to be a bank check and a 3 to 5 working day window to clear as to avoid any problems,and any time I have sent stuff out its been that way to avoid problems.

20. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Ditto Rick. Don't see the problem in doing that way. I've bought some stuff from friends and sent money after i got it, but that was with a VERY select few. Strangers? I have cash in hand before part leaves. Thought that was the ONLY way