Gasparrelli

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Stefan Kontos, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Stefan Kontos

Stefan Kontos Member

Just got word that Steve Gasparrelli went head on into , and over the retaining wall. Hope he is okay, wish him all the best! Also sad to hear that Ken Webster had an accident. Hope to see you guys back on the track soon!

Hope everybody is okay, and pray for no more accidents this weekend! Good luck to everyone!!

2. JBJ

JBJ Member

He didn't go over but pretty close to it, just got on top of the wall. Now TAD has been told to go back to the pits and will run later.

3. David Smith

David Smith Member

4. jakedawgwhite88

jakedawgwhite88 New Member

5. David Smith

David Smith Member

Yeah I know I would of been running for my life the last thing I would of been thinking about is taking a picture lol. The other camera guy in the pictures he is not even noticing whats going on.

6. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

7. superpro453

superpro453 Member

They are two British photographers. The one closest is Andy Willsheer, and the one still focussed somewhere else is Roger Gorringe...

8. eli

eli Banned

Something must have broke in the steering , the front wheels are straight ahead in all the pictures.

9. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

if you look close, you can see the oil spray under the car in all the pics, looks like something at the oil pump broke. thank god he didn't get hurt.

10. ITS IN MY BLOOD

The gRey haired Photographer #21 with the blue scooter is Rich Carlson
    He hardly flintches at all,..bet he has some up close shots.

SORRY to the Gasparrellis for the damage that was done and glad
    Steve is alright, not the best finish to end the year.:(

Vic

11. The Zone

The Zone Member

I am betting it is not Rich Carlson Vic. Too far down track for him.
    He looks to tall, wrong hat and not wearing shorts.:D:p

Lots of balls though

Dean

12. IvanS

IvanS New Member

nope - it's definitely Willsheer... unusual that he's not doing the digital dip there :D

13. clint thompson

Wild ride!

Glad you are ok. That was quite a ride!

14. lugnut

lugnut Member

I always thought the drivers were a little crazy to do what they do,but its the camera guy thats really nuts!!!!!

15. Lawren Jones

Lawren Jones Comp Eliminator

Damn Steve that looked pretty scary. Bet that was one hell of a ride. Glad to hear you were not hurt. That sucks after having such a good weekend in LV.

We sure miss racing with you guys.

Lawren

16. Steve Gasparrelli

I want to relay my and the whole Gasparrelli Team's thanks to everyone who who called or wish me well on ITA after the accident. Much appreciated! Nice to have good friends to compete with and firends who care about you when shit goes wrong.

The accident was caused by the pressure side oil line from the oil pump bursting and spraying oil under the right side of the car right after the launch. The car made a very quick right turn in its oil and the poor car got crunched into the right hand wall after that :(

I am absolutely fine. Not even a scratch... Just shows again how safe these cars are today. NHRA was right there and checked me out before I hopped back in the tow vehicle. I was most bummed out about ruining the track for the rest of the alcohol guys...sorry again to all (especially the TAD guys who got pushed back).

We worked most of the day Sunday to strip the car and Bones and Little Don drove all day and night to Hadman's (thanks guys!). Car is being fixed as I type this.

Even though we had a bad Finals, all in all we had a good year. Finished #9 in the nation and #2 to O'bannon in D7...

See you all at Pomona in 2010!

Steve

17. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

glad to hear your ok

Hey Steve,

Glad to hear your ok. Those odd angle crashes can tough on the body. See you in Pomona next year.

18. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

That goes double for me Steve. That was wicked scary bro. Glad you and Dad are both ok.

19. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Speaking of dad, I was pretty close to where you stopped on that side of the track. Things happened pretty fast but it looked like your dad took a spill on the starting line watching you (heart stopping for dads). He didn't hurt himself hopefully.

Glad your OK also.

From a dads perspective and one that now watch's as his son drives the car. I don't know who it's harder on, the son in the car who 99.9 percent of the times walks away, or the dad as he watch's helplessly. I can tell you for sure it changes your whole perspective on safety equipment big time in the car. I hope you gave your dad a hug to calm his heart.

Blessings...........Ron Clevenger.

20. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

crazy drivers!

Steve, that looked like one wild ride! The Peen Rite team and I are glad you are ok. I'm sure you guys will be back at in in February. No hard feelings on the TAD's getting sent back to the pits. I was hoping to get to run right after the cleanup as it took so long that all of the A/Fuel nitro popsicles were starting to melt in the staging lanes :D
    My friend Ken Hughes from DragHead Photos caught some nice shots from the west side grandstands:

http://public.fotki.com/DRAGHEADPHOTOS/steve-gasperelli-cr/

Image 1499 is THE shot that shows how crazy that photographer is!!!! What is he trying to take a picture of anyway???

http://public.fotki.com/DRAGHEADPHOTOS/steve-gasperelli-cr/img-1499.html

chris