Funny car boots with or without internal shoe

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BBFA_Pilot, Mar 6, 2013.

1. BBFA_Pilot

BBFA_Pilot Member

Hi guys,

What is the general consensus? Do guys here who use the big funny car boots use shoes inside these boots or do they run barefoot in the boots?

I currently use Deist boots with fireproof socks on and no internal shoe. Is this purely down to personal tastes? I like the Deist boots as they have a thin hard sole so it's like driving in slippers.

Has anyone used the new Simpson Holeshot drag boots? Does anyone know if they have a thick sole so they can be driven with no internal shoe, or do they need the internal shoe?

Also if a shoe is needed, do you need a sfi-15 internal shoe or any type of driving sfi shoe inside?

Thanks a lot
    Joe

2. underby6

underby6 Active Member

If you need a SFI20 deal, take a look at the Stand21 SFI20 shoe...be a lot more comfortable than wearing a shoe/boot or even just a boot.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #323
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

3. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

Joe , haves look at the Stroud boots. I have been very pleased with mine.

Cheers Wayne

4. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

I second that one ^^^^ :)

5. dodgygeezer

dodgygeezer New Member

boots

Joe what size are you? have a pair of stroud boots size 8 for sale , 2 seasons old like new, if there any good to you cheap! Steve UK.

6. BBFA_Pilot

BBFA_Pilot Member

I have seen the Stroud boots and they are good. But this was mainly to get a idea of if anyone has a pair of the new simpson boots. Looking to update my safety gear and just wanted to see how they were (and if i could get away with wearing just socks in them)

Cheers guys,
    Joe

7. tc1216

tc1216 Member

I think it`s a matter of does the bottom of your foot hurt while staging a clutch car, if yes then you might want to try a shoe, if not, then you`re good to go! Tom.

8. BBFA_Pilot

BBFA_Pilot Member

This is my thought too Tom, thanks for the thoughts.

With my current Deist boots they have a thin but hard sole, and it makes using the clutch etc with no problems in just bare feet in the boots. If the new simpson boots had a thin hard sole then I will invest in a pair. If not, i'll keep with the Deist boots.

9. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

I wear Dennis Taylor's boots with Simpson shoes, when walking around the pits I just remove the boots...

10. badbird

badbird New Member

The stand 21 boot has a real good sole real stiff so it dont hurt your foot if you have a heavy pedal and their easy to wear. i have them they are great

11. paul carey

paul carey New Member

Are the Stand21 boots legal for Funnycar/Altered?