FUEL SYSTEM (PLACE TO START)

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by funnycarguy 230, Aug 19, 2005.

1. funnycarguy 230

IM RUNNING A 526CI RODECK WITH A 14/71 HH I RUN HAT NOZZLES ONLY AT THIS TIME IM GOING TO PORTS AND I NEED A PLACE TO START OUT WITH ON THE JET SIZES RIGHT NOW I RUN 52S 54S 56S IN THE HAT WHAT SIZE SHOULD BE A GOOD PLACE TO START OUT WITH FOR THE PORTS HOW ABOUT THE HAT? SHOULD I RUN MORE NOZZLES IN THE IN THE HAT JUST A SMALLER SIZE???I KNOW IT WILL NEED TO ADJUSTED ON THIS IS A NEW ENGINE AND I JUST NEED A PLACE TO START WITH SINCE I HAVE NEVER RUN PORT NOZZLES IM NOT SURE WHAT OTHER INFO SOMEONE WOULD NEED TO HELP ME OUT JUST ASK THANKS FOR ANY INFO

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Here's the best help I can give you:

call Tom Conway- (918) 630-5439. send your stuff to him, he should set you up real reasonable.

the only advice you usually can't afford is FREE advice.

not knocking you, but fuel system advice could quickly turn into a pay me now or pay me later deal...

3. DQUES

DQUES Member

I would send it out to be flowed also . The money you spend on wasted trips to the track and hurt parts will be much greater than you will spend having your system properly set up . You need a safe starting point to work from so you can learn to tune it yourself . A lot of things come into play that you have not mentioned such as , comp ratio, fuel pump size and gpm it flows , manifold design ,cylinder head type, # of nozzles in the hat , mag type , car weight , gear ratio and the list goes on . I have used Jim Oddy for my chevy fuel systems with great results , nobody has built more blown bbc's than him period .

4. funnycarguy 230

I HAD GENE ADAMS FLOW THE FUEL SYSTEM FOR ME AND HAVEN'T USED THE FUEL SYSTEM SINCE STARTING ALL OVER WITH A DRAGSTER (WAS IN A FUNNYCAR) THEN I DECIDED TO BUILD ANOTHER ENGINE DIFFERENT BLOWER ETC SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS GET IT FLOWED AGAIN AND LET THEM SET ME UP WITH A STARTING POINT?

/

[ August 19, 2005, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: funnycarguy 230 ]

5. DQUES

DQUES Member

I would have it flowed again unles Gene will tell you what to do .

6. BLOWN INCOME

DID YOU HAVE JUST THE PUMP FLOWED???I HAD TO SEND MY COMPLETE SYSTEM OUT WHEN I FIRST DID IT ...PUMP,HOSES,LINES..WILL IS RIGHT!A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING,ALL ENGINES ARE DIFFERENT FROM HEAD FLOW,CAM,PISTONS(COMPRESSION).STAND ON THE STARTING LINE LISTEN HOW DIFFERENT EVERONES SOUNDS AND R.P.M...all different fuel set-ups..40 years of learning,and i'm still learning..