Fuel line recommendations for methanol

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by boostedgt500, Dec 18, 2016.

1. boostedgt500

boostedgt500 Member

What fuel line and fittings are least prone to problems using methanol?
    Making a fuel system for my turbo car and it's been 10 years since I built a fuel system and I'm thinking there has been improvements in fuel line products since then.

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

My opinion is that the fuel lines should be crimped or swedged and pressure tested. I like the lightweight black hose from XRP. They have two black hoses one is real expensive and you don't want that one. Call XRP at 562.861.4765 and talk to them about what you need and they will advise you on what to get.They will also tell you how to measure the length you need. You can download their catalog at XRP.com

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I offer several options of Goodridge hose and fittings for your application, depending on your budget and how weight conscious you want to be.

We offer a reusable cutter style fitting with our smooth bore hose that is super easy to put together and holds up very well. This allows the customer to make everything in-house. I also can crimp anything to your measurements.

Email or call me and I will get you fixed up.

Will Hanna
    will.hanna@insidetopalcohol.com

4. boostedgt500

boostedgt500 Member

I had planned on having you make the #4 lines for me that go from the fuel manifold to the injectors. Do you have a 120 degree AN4 female fitting? This would attach to the top of the efi fuel injectors.

5. TOL

TOL Active Member

Why not do a proper common fuel rail, instead of dead head lines to the EFI's?.... Just asking.

6. boostedgt500

boostedgt500 Member

I'm running lines from a manifold to the injectors. Much safer than using the common rail on top of the injectors. The manifold is not dead headed.

7. TOL

TOL Active Member

Why are lines safer than a rail?...