Fuel Injected Conversion

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by krush, Oct 28, 2004.

1. krush

krush slim to none

I would like to learn how to convert my modern fuel injected car to run on ethanol. the extent of further, more evil modifications will depend largely on my funding (prospects are grim...college life). Any, i got some questions for the pros:
    how much does ethanol cost?
    where do i get it?
    how do I go about converting my car (or my brother's car when he's out of town)?
    are there professionals who do it near Phoenix, AZ?
    How does it affect gas mileage/engine life/ warrantees? especially that last one.
    any other helpful hints would be .... helpful.

2. JLibby AFC142

JLibby AFC142 double throw-down

I know that you can typically get a chip for the computer and a different set of injectors and that pretty much does it. Its a lot more simple than one would think. The dirt midget racers that run in an efi class do this all the time to their chevy two's. Perhaps you might investigate that area.

3. krush

krush slim to none

thanks, jlibby.
    where can i get such a chip or injectors? Do you run on straight alcohol or gas-alchol mix? which is the way to go?

4. carshop

carshop New Member

Does the car have a return style fuel system , & what type of injectors? RC injectors has a good web site for determining size & flow. Alcohol injected efi is high maintenance (corrosive) & will use more fuel. Easier to tune & cooler though. More timing is worth some power