Fuel head valve train

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by greenracing, Oct 6, 2017.

1. greenracing

greenracing Member

I'm putting together a fuel headed alcohol combo to run the local heads-up, Q8 stuff. (1/8mile 2600lb door car, std deck KB, 4.5x4.310, 176 chamber BAE fuel heads, 14-71 SSI roots)

The valve train that came with the engine package I bought as a starting point has woefully weak valve springs (290lbs) so I'm getting some real valve springs for it. I'm a little limited on spring choice with right around a 2.00 inch installed height what have you guys run with success? (the valves are Ti)

It currently has StageV rockers for both intake and exhaust. Am I going to run into any issues with running 4-500lb springs with these rockers? I'm not too worried about the intakes as that's what a lot of people run, but will the shiny roller tipped StageV exhausts handle it?

The exhaust pushrods are 7/16 single taper. However the intake pushrods are straight 3/8. Will 7/16 taper pushrods clear on this combo or am I stuck with the smaller pushrods?

Thanks!

Gunnyonfuel likes this.
  2. lyle

lyle New Member

if u use 3/8 make sure there tool steel

3. atelier HP Rich

Manley have a Dual spring for what you need
    http://www.manleyperformance.com/dl/2016/cylinder_head_components.pdf
    Go at page 66 they also have a nice LocCap system also
    Pushrod wise depending on lifter spread and how the block is made you should be able to run 7/16 tapered with heavy wall
    stage 5 rockers will also work fine

Had a similar combo working and everything worked well
    the

4. Nitro Madness

Nitro Madness Super Comp

I have used Comp Cams 26082 triple springs since I started with the hemi program - alcohol and now on nitro - about 425 on the seat at 2.00" - they have retainers that go with these - I think the retainers are #735 or #739 - there are higher pressure springs out there but never have had an issue with these....

5. greenracing

greenracing Member

Thanks for your input guys!