Forged TFX or BAE

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by john348, Jan 2, 2005.

1. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

what is everyone opinion of the forged blocks versus the cast blocks

Is it worth the differance in $$$

2. stage 15 Keith black.....solid as a rock!!!!

3. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Hello John, we have used both (10 15) and when we get a sleeve a little warm it doesnt stay as good as our old TFX 92 block so we were talking BAE block or TFX next when its time.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

from a lazy bottom end guy's perspective the bae is better. the side bolts and the mains both take 11/16 sockets, and there is only one side bolt per main. but the tfx has no oil seal bolts....but the tfx blocks that have the side bolts in the front main are really a pain in the ass having to take the pump off.... :D

now which is really better. if you're going to buy, buy forged. without going into much detail, i would recommend either bae or tfx. we've ran both with success.

5. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Will
    you talk about the front main being side bolted on the tfx does brad use a side bolt on the front main or is it just in a better spot
    taking the dry sump pump down to get the side bolt out will suck
    i have 2 TFX cast blocks so most parts i have will work with the new
    so i am leaning toward the TFX but if it is a pain then maybe brad's would be better

[ January 04, 2005, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: john348 ]

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

john,

not all tfx blocks have the side bolt in the front main. i think that was an option.

7. ralphp

ralphp Jr. Dragster

we have 2 new brad blocks he will add a second oil feed galley down the left side of block and you drill a new main bearing hole for the extra oil. seems a great idea. his block have cross bolts on 2 3 4 mains. the oil hole i beleive is a option. ralph p