flowing a fuel system ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by d jackson, Mar 29, 2010.

1. d jackson

d jackson New Member

who?
    near ga. flows fuel systems. that is good and reasonable and
    how much do you pay for that service
    i've heard 500.00 to 2000.00
    don't know never had it done
    someone let me know who does it
    thanks
    d jackson
    478 609 5240

2. Scouder

Scouder New Member

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

just got my nozzels and pills back fro Gorr very happy with the service..Dave

4. ssmman

ssmman New Member

gorr is the man
    spike is a great guy and can lead u in the rite direction
    hey thxs spike

5. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

Flow system

It would say around $1500 for a scenario set up and wet flow. Check around first, and talk to the people who do it. Just don't get sucked into the BS. If you would like try Mike Kopcheck @ Rage fuel systems. He did mine and when we ran it and down loaded all the info, there were only two hole that were 3 degrees different. NOT BAD. I have had many good people do systems for me over the years. You just need to listen and choose one. Also shipping cost are a really big thing now a days. You could end up a few hundred dollars both ways depending on type and size of boxes + insurance. Hope that helps a little. Don

6. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Its $$ well spent as long as the RIGHT person does it! If its done wrong, its a disaster. Ive had both, PM me if you want the details, I'm not going to start anything publically, just hate to see anyone else spend thousands$$ of needless $$:rolleyes:

7. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

richard hartman helped me - in belton s.c. - near s.c./ga. border I-85. he is terry mcmillian's nhra nitro dragster crew chief. he also has a machine shop and can redo your blower if needed. call horton race cars 1 864 338-9942 and ask for richard. andy b.

8. Policy Peddler

Taken by Gorr

I had a terrible experience with Gorr, he screwed me big. Quoted me a price to trade pumps, I sent him 5 110 pumps I had been running to trade toward 4 990's he got my pumps then gave me a different price for the new pumps. I told him to send my pumps back and he did, COD FOR $900, Charged me $900 to flow 4 pumps when it was his choice not mine to flow them. He then said he would take all 5 pumps for trade on 1 990 pump! :mad::mad:

9. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Fuel flow testing

I like and stand by Spud Miller at Fuel Injection Enterprizes in Oregon. He knows what he's doing, will ask what you're doing and take it from there. He has ALWAYS been up front and honest with me, even when that meant less money for him because I didn't need something I thought I did. Check him out at his website, or better yet, call him: www.fuelinjectionenterprises.com/

541-990-2485

10. blowntrifive

blowntrifive Member

I second that just got my stuff back from Spud and this is the second combo I did with him. very reasonable and great to deal with. Give him a call.:)

11. d jackson

d jackson New Member

flowing fuel systems

anybody else have any good or bad experience
    thank you for you responce
    d jackson

12. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

we have dealt with Don Gerardot for years.....wouldn't go anywhere else. he is one of the smartest guys out there and very easy to deal with. it is definitely worth a phone call to talk to him....great guy
    www.gerardot.com
    Darren

13. tafccrewguy

tafccrewguy New Member

Spud Miller all the way.Great honest guy.

14. craig moss

craig moss Member

Spud at FIE is a good choice:cool: Wouldn't go anywhere else..... Craig

15. spitzerscott

spitzerscott Member

My vote goes to Spud Miller, great guy!

16. vwsamba

vwsamba Member

Enderle is the manufacturer of most of the stuff we use and i had a great experience using them. My friend used gorr and had a terrible time like the guy above.

17. PROMOD63

PROMOD63 Member

Gorr did me wrong !! Reflowed a setup suppost to charge 400 charged 800 like a first time set up told me on the phone for two months he was sending me refund long enough for me not to dispute it on my credit card so i got screwed for 400 bucks then to top it all off they didnt do anything to it to speak of i had it way out of tune and it was still that way when it was returned

18. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Another reason to switch to Spud

In the remarks above about Gorr, I see people who like him and I see people who have real good reason to avoid him. Since I'm an advocate for using Spud Miller, I probably am biased against just about anyone else, since I have a guy who does what I need, and does a good job at it, for a reasonable price. What more could a guy want or need? But I'm still able to see beyond my like for Spud and his services.

What I did see that could be used as an argument to switch from Gorr's service is this post about getting overcharged, getting a commitment from Gorr for a refund and then it never happens. That is just so much BS.

Everyone makes mistakes in billing. Hell. I do it at least once a month in my business. But when it's brought to my attention, and I agree that it is an error in favor of my customer, that refund is in the mail or in somebody's hand then and there. To not do that, especially after you said you would, raises the event to a level of having to question character and ethics from a less mentionable one of being the victim of a simple business billing mistake that can happen to anyone.

That would get Gorr out of my Rolodex, (if I still had one).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  19. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

flowing a system

Call Lonnie Houde (lhp performance) he is great and has helped me alot. From gearing to tires he is very well versed. Spud is great to I have bought parts from him and he is a top notch guy.

Sean

20. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

2 sides to every story:)...I've used gorr, will use Gorr, and sending him all my stuff next week...to Gorr:D Dave Lowe secondwind racing