Final Round Appearance for Megan Meyer at Tulsa Raceway Park

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 28, 2017.

By News Editor on Jun 28, 2017 at 6:57 AM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Courtesy of Randy Meyer Racing / Pictures by Reds Drag Racing Photos

The rising star of the Top Alcohol Dragster Class, Megan Meyer, extended her Central Region points lead after earning a runner-up finish at Tulsa Raceway Park. This is Megan’s third final round appearance for the 2017 season and her first runner-up conclusion.

19396656_1489733894423497_7337329425037034514_n-2.jpg

Megan powered her A/Fuel Dragster to a 5.36 E.T. at 270 mph to claim the second qualifying position, while her teammate Shayne Lawson wasn’t able to qualify with his 5.54 pass. The opening round of eliminations saw Megan against Christine Chambless, the only other female driver in the class for the event. Megan defeated Christine with a slower 5.44 E.T. at only 256 mph, but still had lane choice over Spencer Massey in the second round.

The Randy Meyer Racing Team made some minor changes to their tune up and ran a stunning 5.36 E.T. 262 mph for the win. Moving onto the final round of eliminations, Megan faced the number one qualifier, James Stevens. James took out Megan on the starting line with a .04 reaction time lead and never trailed for the win. Megan ran her quickest time of the weekend, a 5.34 E.T. at 264 mph, but lost by half a car length.

“I was really hoping for win number three this year,” said Megan. “My team has done an outstanding job of giving us one of the quickest and fastest cars at every race. We ran our best time in the finals, and it was a very close race at the finish line. I wish I could have done a better job on my reaction time, but it’s always difficult to race in the dark. James and his team had a great car all weekend long and I’m happy for them, I know how hard they’ve worked to get this win.”

***Click here for GoPro video of the final round

Megan extends her points lead in the Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Central Points standings with 234 points. She has her eyes set on the Regional points championship, and is still a contender for the NHRA National Series points lead; currently sitting in third place. The next outing for the Randy Meyer Racing Team will be the Route 66 Nationals at Chicago where Justin Ashley will be back with the team to compete in the second A/Fuel Dragster. Megan will also be competing in the Jegs AllStars race as a rookie defending the Lucas Oil Division 5 region.

###

About Randy Meyer Racing
    A highly respected member of the NHRA Drag Racing family, Randy Meyer has had a successful career spanning over 35 years of drag racing as driver, team owner, and crew chief from AHRA Pro-Comp to IHRA Top Fuel and NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster. Randy Meyer is a multiple World Champion in the sport of drag racing. Together the team has won over 40 races and holds 9 Championships.

The Randy Meyer Racing Team is proudly supported by: Meyer Truck Center, Weld Wheels, Technician.Academy, Lucas Oil, NGK Spark Plugs, Gunk Cleaners, Mahle-Clevite Rings and Bearings, Burnyzz Speed Shop, Epic Motorsports Marketing, Realty Warehouse, Racepak Data, ARP Bolts and Studs, Horsepower and Heels, Pitsco Education, Aeroquip, ProThings Apparel, Quik-Latch, Boninfante, and Taylor Cable.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Jun 28, 2017.