Exhaust port epoxy / putty

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Brad671, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Brad671

Brad671 Member

Hi all,

I need to fill a couple of holes (EGR) in exhaust ports on a cast iron heads anybody got any ideas what I can use either an epoxy or putty, don't want to weld them.
    Regards,
    Brad

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

3. Bottlefed

Bottlefed New to Blowers

Cotronics sells a lot of high temp epoxies, ceramics, etc.

I would call them and see what they have to say but the durabond product shown below is good to 500° and has .1% shrinkage bonds to metal and is very strong.

http://www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/pdf/454B.pdf

The second material is also a Durabond product and is good to 1200° but suspiciously missing from the datasheet is the shrinkage spec, and it really does not matter how hot it performs or how tuff it is if it shrinks and looses its bond when being used as a filler.

http://www.cotronics.com/WEB%20SHEETS/950N%20NP.pdf

Like I said I would call them and see what product they would reccomend for your purpose, they have many to choose from and I would think they would know what would be suited to the application.

By the way one thing I have learned working with a friend of mine Mike (fastavenger 588) who frequents this board is that Durabond is a top notch adhesive....

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  4. ansleev

ansleev Member

Egr fill holes

We use hard bock or moroso block filler to fill in the factory egr passages in iron chevy heads has worked great for years
    thanks

5. Brad671

Brad671 Member

Thanks guy,
    I had thought of using DEVCON but wasn't to sure if the heat coming through the exhaust port would effect its durablity.
    The Moroso block filler sound interesting not only do I have some ready to go but being cement you would asume it could stand up to some extreme heat?
    Any special prep i need to know about ANSLEEV to either the head or the block filler to make it work?
    Regards,
    Brad