Engine diapers/ buckets

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Jason Green, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Jason Green

Jason Green Member

I'm looking for opinions on SFI 7.1 engine diapers for a Pro Mod If I run a ballistic nylon version then I have to have a belly pan on the chassis. Ive seen some carbon buckets that would be about the same cost, maybe a tad cheaper. What's everyone using these days? Pros/cons? I don't think I'll be pulling the pan after every one but I want something easy to take on and off when I do. Thanks!

2. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

The buckets are easier and faster when set up with the quick tabs, however there are a bunch of cheap flimsily carbon buckets out there, that I am not sure how they past sfi. If your going to get one get the Bucket by Team Eagle or stick with the nylon. Just my opinion, I don't trust the others to hold a rod that passes through the pan to do anything to stop it.

3. Jason Green

Jason Green Member

Thanks for that info!

4. mogenss

mogenss Member

I have a kevlar diaper from Stroud and it works pretty good no complaints.

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

when you get a diaper from Taylor, they are form fitted to the application. that's why you see most of the fuel teams running a diaper - they are far better for fluid containment in the case of kicking the rods out. There are a number of ways to secure the diaper. I have seen quite a few Pro Mods use a rod that goes through the front and rear motor plate with clips. Pull the clips, slide the rod out and the diaper drops.

6. Sandracer695

Sandracer695 Member

Buck-It by Bret Williamson. Team Eagle. I have installed them on 3 different Promods. Zero modifications to fit. Last summer we broke 2 rods at Sonoma going thru the lights and they fired the next pair without any clean up. Easy on and off.