Ed Vanderwoude?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Frankie, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Hey gang,

Im not sure if I have the name spelled right but I was curious if any of you SoCal alcohol racers have heard of Ed. Apparently he is from Norco and owns a funny car. My coworker's husband knows him but didnt have any more info. I initialy thought maybe he was partners with Frank and Jason Rupert as they are VanRupe raicng correct? Just curious is all.

Thanks in advance

Frankie

2. Brad L

Brad L Member

Ed has been involved in all of Jason Rupert's cars to varying degrees since Jason started racing (the "Van" in "VanRupe Motorsports"). He wrenched on my dad's nitro cars way back when. He lives in Norco and works for the post office.

3. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

Man...who would want to live in NORCO???? I mean ....isn't that where funny car drivers go to retire... Almost as bad as FRESNO...

"NEWSFLASH...FAST JACK BECKMAN CLOSES ON HIS NEW HOUSE IN NORCO...." :D:D:D

4. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Thanks Brad. If anybody woulda known, I figured it might be you. I kinda thought thats what the "Van" was in VanRupe Motorsports.

5. matt bynum

matt bynum New Member

brad nailed it on the head
    he helps us out on jasons car and is a great guy
    we wouldnt be running the car right now if it wasnt for ed

6. Brad L

Brad L Member

No prob, Frankie. That was an easy one, though, because he's more of a family friend. Ed's a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back.

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I was in Norco today. Lotsa horse property and plenty of deals especially in the newer area to the south near the 91/15 interchange.

8. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

what size of shirt:D could use another good used shirt:) Dave

9. candice V

candice V New Member

Hey Guys, i know this is an old thread but this guy u speak of ED Vanderwoude is my dad actually. He does live in Norco which is an expensive place to live and a great place to have a family, so yes i would like to live there a lot of people do @RandyG. But he actually is one of the ones to start Jason racing. Jason and my dad were Lucas Oils very first Funny car when nobody knew who Lucas was, which is crazy to me how big they r now. But then to go on and on, now they and their team have both won 3 world championships, they so deserve it. Im 27 and my whole life I ws at the track with my dad. Anyone in racing probabkly knows Ed. :) YAY