Duane Shields Takes Quarterfinal Finish in Dallas

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Rich Bailey, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Rich Bailey

Rich Bailey Member

Duane Shields and the Muscle Milk A/Fuel Dragster team had a respectable weekend in Dallas at the AAA Texas Fall Nationals. Duane qualified 8th with a competitive 5.25 at 278 MPH and lasted two rounds before exiting in the quarterfinals.

In round one, Duane took on the 9th qualifier James Stevens. At the start, it was Stevens off of the line first with a .086 reaction time over Duane's .103. Stevens was unable to keep the lead and Duane thundered right by him and lit up the scoreboard with an impressive 5.25 at 278 MPH over Stevens' 5.46 at 268 MPH.

In round two, Duane faced Matthew Cummings. This time, it was Duane out of the gate first with an .076 to Cumming's .121 reaction time. Duane's lead vanished as the Muscle Milk car lost over a tenth of a second from the prior round and Cummings grabbed the win with a 5.20 at 273 MPH over Duane's 5.37 at 276 MPH. "I am used to coming from behind so when I am leading from the start and I still lose the round, it's very disappointing" Duane said.

Next, Duane and the Muscle Milk team moves on to Houston this coming weekend for the COVID delayed Springnationals. "We are taking it one race at a time and hope to get a national event win before the shortened season is over" he said. Duane would like to thank his great sponsors including: Muscle Milk, NGK, Brad Anderson Enterprises, GRP Connecting Rods, SRI and CleanBoost.