driving suit recert

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by tom pickett, Jan 15, 2004.

1. tom pickett

tom pickett Super Comp/tad

what is the deal on recert,has simpson changed there position on recerting suits.

2. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

i called them if its got a SFI tag with a date of when it was made so that they know when it was made and the suit is in good condition and meets their standards they will recert them so i been told good luck

3. flash

flash top alcohol

my simpson ta/fc suit-two piece,jacket & pants was made 4 years ago by simpson,it has a small tag inside the zipper on the pants with the date it was made.they say the jacket should have it too but I can't find it on the jacket. it has the SFI patch on the arm ,but it does not have a date on that SFI patch on the sleeve of the jacket like the new ones do.so the question is will they recert the suit with the date inside the zipper that they put there? or does it have to be a newer version with the date on the SFI patch? the newer version probably doesn't need to be recerted yet anyway!!

4. Danny Humphreys

call simpson

5. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Good luck with NHRA. They are real funny when it comes to safety stuff, it better be new or they don't like it.