Dragster Chassis

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bull05, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Bull05

Bull05 New Member

Hey all

Know this is prob a dumb question but has anyone on here built their own cars, namely dragster chassis around the 250 to 300 inch size? I am interested in jig setups and any trapdoors people have found. Any and all help is appreciated.
    This will possibly be my 1st foray into the world of building my own car so I want to get it right. I will be looking to run a blown small block.

Thanks in advance

Jason

2. A/FUEL JUNKIE

A/FUEL JUNKIE Jr. Dragster

Jason, Mark Williams sells plans , video and kits for a TAD that's around 270" long.They can help you with most questions. You can contact them at [800-525-1963] or www.markwilliams.com.

3. Bull05

Bull05 New Member

Thanks for that mate

4. A/FUEL JUNKIE

A/FUEL JUNKIE Jr. Dragster

YOU ARE WELCOME.

5. fastdragster

fastdragster Dragster

I would suggest you start by getting moly cut offs and start practicing your notching abilities and tig welding abilities first. and when doing so try welding on your head and unusual positions. if your doing a mild steel door chassis the mig welding will work. you migh change your mind,lol, building your owm chassis make the " some assembly reguired" stuff seem like childs play. there are many plans out there but check with SFI and and you may need to make alterations to meet sfi and will have a better chassis when your done. not to mention better resale value

good luck

6. Bull05

Bull05 New Member

Thanks for the advice fast dragster. I thought about practicing welding in different positions but not notching.
    Cheers
    Jason