Despite close points battle, Mia Tedesco focused only on having fun down the stretch

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 13, 2017.

By News Editor on Sep 13, 2017 at 12:18 PM
  1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

CONCORD, N.C. (Sept. 13) -- Battling for position in both Top Alcohol Dragster and Super Gas, reigning world champion Mia Tedesco says she's solely focused on having fun in her racecars as her schedule shifts to this weekend's 10th annual NHRA Carolina Nationals at zMax Dragway.

"I'm not even thinking about, let alone worrying about the points," Tedesco said. "All that matters right now is having fun and trying our best to win races in both cars. If we do that, the points will work out however they work out. Getting wrapped up in all that stuff doesn't change what needs to happen on the racetrack so that's where our focus will stay."

Tedesco recently won two divisional races in her CARS Vehicle Service Contracts/Schepel Motors/NGK/Lucas Oil Top Alcohol Dragster, taking home trophies from Indianapolis and Bowling Green, Ky. The wins helped her advance to second place in the North Central Region standings and eighth in the national points.

"The alcohol car is running great and it's been fun going rounds and winning a couple of races," Tedesco said. "I actually won my first ever race in Top Alcohol Dragster at Charlotte in 2015 so we have some good memories in that class at this racetrack. Maybe we can make some more memories this weekend."

As for her championship-winning CARS Vehicle Service Contracts/VP Racing Fuels Super Gas Chevrolet Cavalier, Tedesco also has some good history to lean on when she racing begins
    in Charlotte.

"Last year I was runner-up in the Super Gas car at the spring race here and when we came back in the fall my crew chief Jason Lynch won Super Gas so we've definitely had some good luck in North Carolina," Tedesco said. "The Cavalier has been every bit as as good as it was last year when we won the championship, we just haven't gotten the breaks this season.

"A lot of races in both Top Alcohol and Super Gas especially are decided by thousandths of a second. It's a fine line between being on the right side of those margins or coming up just short. You simply can't get discouraged because it will always come back around if you just stay with it.

"I still wake up every morning and get to do what I love more than anything. That's why we're keeping a positive attitude and having as much fun as possible."

[​IMG]

--30--

Visit CarsProtectionPlus.com and GeigerMediaGlobal.com for more information. ​

Sub-Categories: This article has no sub-categories

Comments

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 13, 2017.