Demke Seeking Fourth Phoenix Win

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Feb 27, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Demke Seeking Fourth Phoenix Win

CHANDLER, Ariz. (February 27) – Recent Winternationals Top Alcohol Dragster champion Chris Demke is off to new and improved Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park to kick off the 2014 LODRS West Region season this weekend. Formerly Firebird Raceway, Wild Horse Pass recently underwent renovations, including a new track surface.

“I'm excited to go to Phoenix – it's under new management and they've made several improvements. I'm eager to race on their new track surface,” Demke said about the Arizona facility.

Chris' enthusiasm for his return to the Phoenix-area track is multiplied because it was the site of his first race win ten years ago, the first of back-to-back-to-back Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park wins.

“My first-ever NHRA event win was at this race ten years ago. I runnered-up in 2003, then won in 2004, 2005, and 2006. I haven't won at Phoenix since so I'm excited to see if I can change my luck,” added the driver of the Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster.

This weekend is the first of seven 2014 NHRA LODRS West Regional series races. Runner-up to Jim Whiteley in both the national and West Region championships last year, Demke is optimistic yet realistic about his 2014 regional chances.

“It won't be any easier this year,” Chris commented. “Jim Whiteley is out of the picture now but he didn't run many West Region races. A lot of fast cars will be competing in the West Region this year – Joey Severance, Don St. Arnaud, and a bunch of A/Fuel cars who are closing in on their performance. This Maddern Racing team is up for the challenge, though.”

The California driver is also optimistic about his chances at claiming another Phoenix win.

“If we keep our Pomona momentum going, the car should run well. We have the car and the crew to do it. Hopefully we can keep the Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products dragster in the low thirties and high twenties through qualifying and eliminations.”

The 2014 LODRS West Region opener at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park is set for February 28-March 2. Top Alcohol qualifying starts on Friday at 3 PM and continues on Saturday at noon and 4 PM. Eliminations begin at noon on Sunday.

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/OSI/Boost Performance Products dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Operational Solutions Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, and LA X-Ray.