Demke Going Back to Basics at SummitRacing.com Nationals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Mar 26, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Demke Going Back to Basics at SummitRacing.com Nationals

LAS VEGAS (March 26) – Chris Demke and his Maddern Racing team will enter this weekend's NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals with a more humble approach after they suffered a first round exit at the recent Vegas regional race. The event raised a lot of questions for the California group, questions they want to answer this weekend.

“We just never seemed to get a handle on things. The tune-up was either weak or overly aggressive. I only made it down the track one time without shaking and that was with all of the knobs turned way back. First round I had to race Don St. Arnaud, a great competitor. He beat me on a holeshot. Our E.T.s were separated by just a few thousandths of a second. If I didn't need to pedal through tire shake we probably could've won the round. This just tests our resolve, but we'll get through it,” Chris said optimistically.

Quick to look for solutions, the Peen Rite/Operational Solutions/Boost Performance Products team has already formulated objectives for the team's third national event of the season.

“We just need to get back to basics. I've talked with Jerry (Maddern), Adam (Rhoades), and Kevin (Watson), and we have a plan for the weekend. We'll start from square one and work forward, trying to find where we went wrong,” Demke commented.

Chris, or “The Sheriff” as his fans call him, has his eye on the competition, and he knows who he needs to watch.

“Based on the performance we saw at the regional last weekend, the A/Fuel cars do seem to be struggling in the altitude. I think my biggest challenge will be keeping up with Joey Severance this weekend. He seems to be the number-one player right now, with Jim Whiteley technology between the frame rails. They certainly had a good handle on it last weekend and I expect them to continue that performance this weekend. He's really the guy in the crosshairs right now.”

In addition to the Las Vegas fans attending the race, Chris and the Peen Rite team will be racing in front of their friends from Sandy, Utah-based Boost Performance Products.

“This is the closest national event for one of our sponsors, Boost Performance Products. We're looking forward to seeing them at The Strip and hope to put on a good show for them,” Chris concluded.

Top Alcohol Dragster teams will hit The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for their qualifying sessions at 12:30 and 3:15 PM on Friday and again at 10:30 AM on Saturday. Eliminations follow at 2:30 PM and continue on Sunday.

Maddern Racing is a family-owned and operated NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster team based in Southern California. The team's Chris Demke-driven Peen Rite/Operational Solutions/Boost Performance Products blown alcohol dragster is owned by Jerry Maddern and crewed by Adam Rhoades, Kevin Watson, Mike Demke, Greg Rice, and Robert Hadaller. For more information on Chris Demke and Maddern Racing, please visit www.MaddernRacing.com.

Maddern Racing receives support from the following companies: Peen Rite Inc., Operational Solutions Inc., Boost Performance Products, B-G Detection, Afco, and LA X-Ray.