David Powers Motorsports

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ANM, Dec 21, 2008.

1. ANM

ANM TAD/TAFC

Heard CAT pulled out! And DPM is closing the Doors. And they let Fuller go.
    This past week.

2. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

it's a fact, all the guys that worked on the cat dragster including rod fuller were fired by david powers

3. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I'd heard they were on hiaetus as of the announcement from CAT, didn't know about the doors being shut.

4. hemi honey funny

hemi honey funny New Member

Absolute Shame!

For such a Professional and Top Team to end in such a manner is totally shocking! I've been around awhile and have seen many teams come & go but never, ever saw this coming!!! Yes, the economy has taken a toll on alot of us, but I know that David Powers will come back even stronger when the economy allows. My Godson, Gary A. Pritchett, (AKA: Little Bear, Fresh Prince) was given the opportunity to work for Mr. Powers for the last 2 years and it was quite an experiment, I must say. Talking about first class, they had it going on! So, of course Gary is looking for a new adventure in racing. I hope someone will pick him up because he is a very hard dedicated worker. He's got his Alcohol Funny Car license and I'm sure he's ready for a Fuel ride if I can find him one. Watch out for him!!!
    Merry Christmas & Have A Safe Happy New Year
    Bunny........and All The Boys

5. tad2155

tad2155 Member

dpm

hate it for Powers but Fuller can go back to comp where all the pro drivers should come from instead of the alcohol guys and gals ranks as fuller pointed out:mad: maybe his mommy can buy him another ride

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  6. blownracer/a-fuel

Atleast i'm not the only one that remembers his comments.

7. PANMAN

PANMAN Super Comp

Maybe a junior dragster would be more fitting not such a long way down when getting out.. pay back is a biatch..:D

8. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Why would he say something like this, Fuller"s last race car before T/F was a S/G corvette.

9. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Bottom Line

Fuller losing his ride couldnt have happened to a better Guy.
    Hope no one is stupid enough to put him behind the wheel of an Alky Car.
    He Should go to the Stands and watch that is where that big mouth of his belongs.

10. nitromilt

nitromilt New Member

wow, a kinda rough on the little fella arent ya??? I dont think he will be in anything that would require him to have any cash outlay.Last i heard he could not pay attention let alone race car expenses.He did purchase a different house in LV hopefully he can hang on to it till he gets a "JOB".But with the economy in the tank that may be hard to do.

11. michael hall

michael hall New Member

Fuller

Looks like "Hot Rod" got the short end of the stick? Thinks he's feeling a little bit "shorted" on his driving stint with DPM? It's a shame to see a very talented crew and crew chief get booted in the biscuits like that, my friend Gary is a hard working, talented kid who deserves a shot at a top team. As for Fuller, he can now hang out with Bazemore...

12. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

rod fuller

be easy on hot rod he can drive a race car. and if you all think you can do it go on.

13. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Don

Did you ever hear the Comments or read them that Fuller said about the Alcohol teams, drivers and cars. That schmuck deserves all the abuse he gets here. Id tell him the same if i saw him at the races in the pits. Hes a loser. Like Cort Mac and Selzi said you earn your strips racing here in these ranks. The Alcohol classes are where drivers are made.

14. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

hot rod

you dont need to run in alk class to be good at top fuel. he's prof of that. dont know about all the stuff he said but i do think thars lots of stuff said on sits about lots of others it dont men nothing,

15. barszcz

barszcz New Member

what did he say about alcohol drivers/teams etc????

16. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

17. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

well you all know why hot rod dont drive a funny car is because he cant see over the dash and after reading that little remark i wouldnt be pulling for him to win a race what an ass some people just dont have to pay there dues to get a ride like that he can go back to super comp