Crower Clutch or Boninafante Clutcht? (sp?)

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by kylewurtzel, Jul 22, 2005.

1. kylewurtzel

kylewurtzel TA/FC

I am putting together alcohol match race funny car and eventually run IHRA. (526 CU Hemi). Three speed lenco. I am tring to figure out what clutch to run. Any advice would be great.

Also I need the wed address for nitroland. Any help?

Thanks in advance or the this space

Kyle

2. Manmana

Manmana Guest

If your running a roots blower a crower GLIDE will save you a lot of money on parts, cuz you don`t have to wind the shit out of the motor on the starting line, if you run a screw blower then you have to run a peddal clutch because the screw don`t make any boost untill around 5.000 rpm

3. was R4K

was R4K Member

4. kylewurtzel

kylewurtzel TA/FC

I will be running a roots blower. (14-71, hi helix)

5. Thurston

Thurston New

Kyle,

A Crower GLIDE is a good idea IF all your ever going to do is match race, but if your serious about running IHRA then you'll need to spend more $$ and change to a peddle clutch to be competive and hope you call sell the crower GLIDE.

Picking between a Crower or a Boninafante is like picking between a blone or a red head, it's a matter of taste. The one thing I like, Boninafante, has thier truck at all the IHRA races, and Terry Underwood is a great person to work with, of course they will service anyone clutches.

6. kylewurtzel

kylewurtzel TA/FC

I planned on buying a pedal clutch just for the sake if I became use to the glide I did not want to relearn the pedal. I should have said that earlier my apoligize. but it is good to know if match racing glide is the ticket.

Kyle

7. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

if i may add my 2 cents......i would definately go with the boninfante clutch. the only basic difference in the 2 is the location of the clutch arms in the hat. nick has a better mouse trap in my opinion. the arms on his clutch are positioned more toward the center, which makes for a more repeatable clutch. by moving the arms more toward the center you will get less warping as well. and it is a must to have the titanium cover. it's a little more expensive, but well worth the money. call nick and talk to him, he has helped me alot and is a great guy to talk to. hope this helps.

8. S/C 3028

S/C 3028 New Member

Hey guys,
    Have you considered actually measuring your plate load? Both Boninfante and Jeff Bohr have Dyno's to document the plate load. Then you could compare plate load numbers instead of counterweight numbers. Just a thought..........

Later,
    S/C 3028

9. Eric H

Eric H Jr. Dragster

Ive had a little experience with the Nick clutch, (fron the old shim type to the "New" adjustable stands at the risk of me sounding old).
    Ill put in my vote for the Crower