Crew Chief/Engine builder moving to Lake Havasu.

Discussion in 'Crewmembers Wanted or For Hire' started by foxbodyturbo, Mar 16, 2009.

1. foxbodyturbo

foxbodyturbo New Member

Hi everyone, I am in the process of moving from Houston Texas to Lake Havasu City Arizona. I am looking for a job in a race shop or as a crew chief/crew member on a race team. I am clean cut non smoker, and I have 16 years of experience, and been involved with many records, wins, and cheampionships. My experience is: Complete engine machining/assembly, dyno tuning/operation,race car maint, fabrication, race team management, fuel system tuneup both mechanical and efi, data aquisition, etc etc. The stuff I have worked on is: BAH, BAFC, BAD, AFD, Comp, Hot Street, ASCS 360 sprint cars, Open late models, and much much more. My experience is far more than I could ever list on here, so please don't hesitate to call me with any questions. I am planning on moving VERY soon so lets make the 2009 season a success!! Call me @ 713-247-9145.

2. Cameron Motorsports

Cameron Motorsports New Member

I have a Top Fuel Sand Dragster and I live in Lake Havasu City we are a low budget team but we go out and have fun . Just for curiosity how much do you get for a race weekend or are you contracted yearly?
    On another point I have been trying to get on with a Fuel or Alcohol team for the last 4 years and it hasnt worked out for me , I dont know if its my location or not . I have actually told people that I would work for ZERO dollars and still havent been called .
    I have a Class A license with a clean driving record and lots of experience with nitro cars ( go figure )
    Get back with me when you get to LHC
    thanks
    Rick Cameron Jr.
    Cameron Motorsports

3. foxbodyturbo

foxbodyturbo New Member

Thanks for quick response.

Hi there Rick, thanks for the quick response. I don't have a set fee that I charge, it just depends on what is involved. I have always worked in a race shop full time, and my boss was always cool enough to let me go crewchief for other people on the weekends. We worked on car after work during the week. You said you go to have fun, and there is nothing more fun than dominating the comp and not breaking parts. Right now I am looking for something full time. I'm not looking to make a ton of money because I know its a new crowd, new invironment, and new expectations. I want to come in, turn around a program or make a good program better. THEN I ask for the big money! LOL
    I am actually in Las Vegas now on vacation, but I'm going to be in Havasu By Thursday to do some job hunting. I'd like to talk to you, so you can email me at smurfsracing@yahoo.com, or you can call me at 713-247-9145. Shandy