Craig English

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by pmbuick, Sep 9, 2007.

1. pmbuick

pmbuick Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard any updates on Craig English, since last nights crash at Englishtown.

Peter Maple
    Terenzio Racing

2. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

Compound fracture of the tibia on his left leg, broken jaw, one lost tooth.

Jim

3. D.R.A.W. Girl D-1

D.R.A.W. Girl D-1 New Member

Sorry this took so Long.
    When we left e-town on Sunday we stopped at the hospital to see Craig. They had him resting and on meds. He did have pins in his leg and I belive he said both of his Jaws were broken. His nose is also broken. For the injuries he has he looked good. He was too have surgery on Mon on the leg again and on his Jaws. I have not heard anything how that went. If I hear I will update.
    All I can say is Thank God for Saftey equipment, a good roll cage and the Saftey Safari.

4. F/C Girl

F/C Girl New Member

We don't know Craig, but we wish him a speedy recovery!!!!

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

cause??

we wish craig a speedy recovery.

there is very little information about this crash, but with the severe nature of the injuries, what happened, and is there some way we can look into preventing this in the future.

what style helmet did craig wear?

maybe our helmets need smaller eye ports???

6. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

I was told by the state policeman who investigated the crash that he was wearing a 1998 helmet and that it was not the helmet he teched in with.

Jim

7. michael hall

michael hall New Member

shame

it's a shame to see such a nice guy hurt, you never wanna see that. as for the helmet, well, he knows better than to do something as foolish as that, or atleast I hope so. I just had to spend a s-load of money to race, new helmet, hans, other goodies, damn that stuff is expensive!! but when you roll past the town truck ready to do the burnout and see your little girl waving to daddy, it's all worth it to see her at the other end!

8. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

i really hope this didn't happen. if someone lent him a helmet just to get through tech, nhra should take serious actions against this person as well. safety is not something to play around with.

9. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

and what if someone took a short cut such as someting like this and it caused the person in the other lane some injury or a totaly inocent person what then ?It would probably make people a little more comfortable if NHRA imposed some fine or something to keep it safer for everyone else.

10. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

Bruce,

What I was told by the state police is that he was wearing a 1998 spec helmet in the crash. They went back later to his hauler and found a brand new, current spec helmet inside.

The state policeman told me that one of the biggest differences between the older and new helmet is that the new helmet provides more protection to the jaw. The policeman said he believes that English would probably have been spared the broken jaw had he been wearing the new helmet.

There was no speculation on the officer's part that anyone had lent Craig a helmet to get through tech. Rather, the officer believed that he used the new helmet to get through tech and then decided to wear the older helmet.

Jim

11. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

o.k., thanks for clearing that up.

12. bryanbrown

bryanbrown Member

why was a state policeman investigating the crash?

just because the helmet was a '98, that wouldn't autmatically make it illegal, would it?

13. Bruce Peterson jr.

Bruce Peterson jr. New Member

From What I Understand Any Accident Or Fire Is A Crime Scene And It Has To Be Investigated In The State Of Nj Paula

14. art d

art d New Member

In New Jersey, all racing is under the control of the state police. They investigate all accidents, when they happen. Of course, thay are not always at all racing venues on a given day.

15. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

I wish there were more investigations of on track accidents with the results made public. Lets all learn from them so we can all protect ourselves from making the same mistake twice. Dave Germain

16. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

Because in New Jersey, racing is under the control of the state police and they investigate every crash.

Yes. 1998 helmets no longer meet the specs in the rulebook.

Jim

17. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Back in the late 80's A State Trooper came into our pit area and pointed out an issue with our parachute mounts. It seems that NHRA didn't have a problem back then having both chutes attached with one bracket, but the state of NJ did...

18. jwsamuel

jwsamuel New Member

Now, the state police have just adopted the NHRA rule book as the standard for all drag racing in NJ.

Jim