'cooking oil'?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by blubottleh8r, May 27, 2005.

1. blubottleh8r

blubottleh8r New Member

any truth to being able to 'cook' the alcohol out of your oil? had an alcohol racer tell me that they put a few runs on their oil and then put it in a big crock pot type roaster and heat it to about 200 degrees to evaporate the alcohol out of it? he claims they strain it and are using it over and over. anybody out there doing this?

2. Gerry Woz

Gerry Woz Comp Eliminator

We change it every run...I have never seen this method of distilling oil on the west coast..or any where come to think of it..just change it like spark plugs every run..it's cheap insurance for such a critical component to engine life.

3. Danny Humphreys

I'm planning on using a vacuum pump to remove the alky from the oil. Last year i ran a vacuum pump on the motor and the oil looked perfect after every pass. Just haven't had time to hook up my electric pump to see how it works.

4. Alkyguy

Alkyguy New Member

This may be a dumb question, but how do you run a vacuum pump with burndown tubes and a puke tank?

5. shomethemoney

shomethemoney New Member

I have Heater in the Dry Sump tank,plug it in for a couple hours and looks like new.Check the oil filter on each pass. Oil will last all weekend.

6. clint thompson

we run royal purple and let the alcohol evaporate and pour it through a paint strainer and run it several times that way. as long as it is warm out and the oil is hot the alcohol evaporates quickly from the synthetic. it mixes really good with conventional oil so you probably would have to heat it for a while but the same thing would happen eventually. pour it thru a paint filter though, you will be amazed at what is in there.

7. was R4K

was R4K Member

Clint- talking with G. Tacke and he mentioned several cars were having brg. problems with synthetic for the exact reason you pointed out- Alcohol does not mix well with synthetic and you can get a gulp of alky instead of oil resulting in brg crush. Just thought I would add that to the discussion.