Computer Program

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BB/AM1188, Jan 9, 2006.

1. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

I have never actually seen this program but heard it exists, so its possible that it dosnt. I am looking for the computer program that you enter in the weather conditions and what pills are in the injector for the run that you had the temps closest to what you want, and then you enter in new weather conditions and it will spit back out what pills to put in it. Basically you put in your base setup with weather condiditons and it will giv you what pills to run with a new set of weather conditions to give you similar temps. I dont know what its called or if it exists but if anyone can please help me out.

2. hookinbull

hookinbull New Member

dont know what its called ------"Davenport"

3. bmoore

bmoore Member

I believe you want "Jetsize" developed and sold by Les Davenport up here in the Great White North. The man knows fluid dynamics. I think this number is still valid for his business (Acceleration Enterprises Ltd.) 403-938-6200. He along with "Hutch" tune Cy Chestermans alky funnycar. Les also came up with the so called "lock up" clutch for the alky cars that AFT now sells.
    Good luck, Bill

4. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

I Also Believe Ralph Gorr Has A Small Hand Held Computer That Will Do The Same Thing.

5. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

computer

ralph gorr has a old,but nice casio hand held computer he sells with his weatherstation boxes.if you look there are a ton on these people still use today in the pro pits as backups and the only drawback is if the battery goes dead it loses the program,but if you send it back to him, he will reprgram it no problem . the boxes sold for about 1500 i believe.

6. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

Thanx. Jetsize by Les Davenport is the program used when our sysytem was flowed by Barrett. I wasnt sure if this was the program we wanted or where to purchase it (i searched for a website but couldnt find). I guess its what we need though. Thanx for the number

7. WIZBANG

WIZBANG Member

I was told by Shawn this was not to be used for Nitro, only Alcohol !

8. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

others

Computech also makes one that is just what your talking about. This past season I set one up for another guy. I was really impressed with the ease of use, ease of setup and the actual track results. (how often does that happen)
    I personally was already setup with my fuelflow bench and Performance Trends weather station so I didn't need one. But when asked to help I knew I was looking for something easy/quick to use and accurate as it was going to be used on a 2500HP Mandoline dyno setup motor.

It also predicts fuel changes due to blower OD changes. (I don't have real world experience with this)

French Grimes has his fingers in on the Computech stuff.

I would definitely recommend Computech's Pro weather station, I think it was about $500.

Race Aire is also nice but I haven't seen that it will come back with a corrected pill size.???

9. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

homework

with any of these jet size calculators, do your homework and maybe do some talking with the mfg before using and treating the readout as gospel. as with any software, if junk goes in, junk will come out.

so kinda like all the perscription commercials....consult with a fuel system doctor before use. if burning or melting of aluminum occurs, stop use immediately. while not common, side effects may include burnt pistons, broken rods, torched heads and block. :eek::D

as with any database, it needs clean, safe runs in different conditions to be the most accurate.

it's always cheaper to work your way from the rich side down, than from the lean side up...

10. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

"while not common, side effects may include burnt pistons, broken rods, torched heads and block."

...followed by headache, upset stomach, nausea, sore bung hole, and empty wallet.

11. craig moss

craig moss Member

well put

that should be on a t shirt good one thanks craig moss