Compression, Lobe Center change Tuneup?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Bjs344, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

14-71 enderle setup on a bbc bracket motor. I was pretty happy with the way all of the plugs looked at the end of the year. 32 degrees was about all it wanted. I dropped the compression from 13.8 to 12.2 and backed the cam up 2 degrees. I've got the same tune up loaded for the first outing tomorrow, wondering if I should expect it to look much different?

2. underby6

underby6 Active Member

As long as it was truly happy last year, I'd expect it to want more timing and less fuel....1.6 is a huge swing in CR. The cam change should be good, it'll make more power in the upper register. The thing may be a turd off the line with the cam change and CR change, may want to stand on the timing a bit there.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #3
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

3. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

I had to have 13 degrees of timing out for about a second to get moving last year, so hopefully I can work that back in. I was mostly concerned if I should be adding fuel for some reason. Thanks for the feedback.

4. Bjs344

Bjs344 Member

It seemed to like the changes. Picked up in 60' with the same timing curve, which I wasn't expecting at all. Unfortunately #5 port nozzle line came loose about 0.3 seconds before I lifted. Not sure how much carnage yet.