clutch wear

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BB/AM1188, Dec 10, 2004.

1. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

were running a bb/am. car hasnt been run in 4 years just kept having problems....finally got everything sorted out (we thought) so we took it to the e-town divisional. made 2 half a$$ passes in the 8.90 range. the 1st run took it easy on purpose just to get used to the car again 2nd pass tried to get on it a little and it jus fell flat on its face....anyway back to my questions...after those 2 passes on brand new clutch disks we had 12 thousandths wear. we run a 2 disk 9 inch crower clutch 660 lbs base pressure and 83 grams total counter weight....we were told that that is way to much wear for 2 good passes let alone 2 garbage runs. the clutch tune up was given to us by crower as a base.....so my question are....is that to much wear(pretty sure it is)? is there a better base tune up? not looking for a killer tune up just something to work off of...i no that noone really runs this setup but just to get a idea i figured id ask...also the certifacation stickers burnt up....is this normal....any info would be greatly appreciated....thanx

2. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

BB/AM,

When we ran a Crower in our TAD (9" 3-Disc) usually on single good run we wore about 8-11 thousandths off of it.

As far as the certification stickers go, that is very normal. They're pretty much gone after one run on our car and any other ones that I have seen.

I haven't ran a two-disc so I don't know if that is about average for your type of setup, but it doesn't look obscene to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

321 sbc lenco trans... 3.01 1st gear dont know second rite now....5.57 rear 33in tire.........on the second run it didnt even get to second before it fell on its face rite off the line....it just didnt move

4. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

no...we no why it wasnt making the power....there was no compression only 60-65 lbs there was big grooves in the sleeves thats being fixed right now....i was just curious about the wear on the clutch and how much is normal