Clutch Tuning

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Crew, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Crew

Crew Volunteer

I am new to the 3 disc clutch deal. I have searched in the tech area for other clutch articles and info but couldn't find any.

Psi/Hemi BAD 10" big 6 stand Alum hat.
    Car does have a computer.

trying to get a baseline

Static or base: If my clutch came setup from the factory at 5 turns, do I keed adding say a 1/4 of a turn until the tires break loose or tire shake at a launch or?

Adding weight: same deal- add weight until I lock the clutch up too early? Clutch came with 40 grams total from Crower.

Once I get a baseline, how much weight is a big change, 6 grams? How much weight should the clutch vary from a marginal divisional track to a national event type track (good conditions).

If there are any articles out there on general information on clutch tuning, please let me know.

Not asking for secrets, just general info.

Thanks

[ August 01, 2005, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Crew ]

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

bump- because you are new here (welcome by the way) I will bump this up and let the many more knowledgeable than myself get you started. (I'm just a driver. LOL)

3. Manmana

Manmana Guest

Heres my two cents, the clutch is in fact a cintrifacal clutch the more static you put into it the more its just a reg. clutch, work with the finger weights,make sure your springs have the same lbs. at x hight on your spring scale, then play with the counter weight

4. Crew

Crew Volunteer

Your info is appreciated. Also, the several replies under topic "Clutch Counterweight" are helping abunch as well.

Thanks,

C