Cleaning the body underside

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by TA/FC CLEAN UP, Jan 29, 2004.

1. TA/FC CLEAN UP

TA/FC CLEAN UP New Member

Hey racers,
    What is the best way to get the underside of the body,from the back tires back,CLEAN after a run???
    This is an ongoing problem for me...Not only is it NASTY, but with a new car in prosess,we don't need the EXTRA weight!!!
    All i ever see is the nitro car people take a dry towel and wipe,if they do anything at all!!!
    I must have a CLEAN car on both sides,in'05
    Thank you!!!! :confused:

2. alkyfan

alkyfan New Member

Use a broom and start scrubbin. [​IMG]

3. Greg

Greg New Member

Hey TAFC Clean up. I'll bet your driver gets the car really dirty, doesn't he? Maybe you should write an article on how to remove sand and debris from the chassis at 1:00 in the morning. Or how to use duct tape to repair blower belt damage. Or how to have one of the cleanest cars going. Keep up the good work. ;)

Greg

4. TA/FC CLEAN UP

Hey Dragracers,
    Is it possible that NO ONE has or ever does care for the underside of their Funny Car body???? You need to have PRIDE in your RIDE folks!!!! People check out your cars!!!! What about it folks???? What about the extra weight????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Hey, Clean-up. If your ambitious enough to keep the underside of the car clean than I say more power to you! Whatever team you work for should be happy to have such a hard worker. If you try some Splatt bug and tar remover (available at Discount auto, K-mart) you will be impressed with how well it works. Scotch brite soaked in parts washer solvent works well, also.
    Don't let these guys discourage you, keep up the good work!

6. TA/FC CLEAN UP

ch3no2,
    Thank you for the imformation!! I will give your words of wisdom a try!!! The underside has just been an ongoing problem and a time consuming prosess durning the turn around time for me... I'm proud of the team and just want to do the best job i can......Thank You!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

clean up,

i haven't had to clean the underside of a fc in a while, but i just had an idea from my bracket race days. if you look in jegs where they sell shoe polish and all that for bracket racers, geddex makes a product called burnout guard. its for door cars that sling burnout all over the rear quarterpanel. it makes it where that wipes right off. might take a few cans of that, but i bet that will work the best!

8. TA/FC CLEAN UP

Will,
    I'll take a look for it and Thanks For the help!!! All this should make the task easier and the boss [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Chief

Chief New Member

Hey Clean Up,
    First thing ya gotta do is get the Boss to drive around the water in the burn out box like the fast and furious squirrels do. If that doesn't work try som cooking spray (Pam, ect)it was used before the Geddex and if you use it you can always say Greg's really cooking mow!!!(HAHA).

Guess Who?

10. TA/FC CLEAN UP

Hey CHIEF,
    I'll never tell the BOSS what to do, i value my job too much!!! We have a HEMI in it and it eats the squirrels, sucks'em right through the blower and out the headers, just like in the old Trans Am commercials!!!! Remember those?? The nitrous that they use also helps keep the sides of the car clean!!!! That also makes my job easier.. I also knew who it was when i saw the answer!!!!! Thank you, old BOSS!!!! we will give it a try!!!!! I'm sure Greg will be cook'in in '05!!! Look for us in National Dragster,i'll look for you in Drag Review!!
    Thank You,
    TA/FC CLEAN UP :cool: :cool: [​IMG] [​IMG] :D :D