chassis id?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by The Leveler, Jun 3, 2007.

1. The Leveler

The Leveler New Member

can anyone help me find out who built a car i bought last year? it has grapes stamped into the fuel tank strap. it is old looking at pics i would say late 70's. the guy i bought it from didnt know but he said it was an old alky car. it is 256" wheelbase and has a baracuda nose like the pic of mike renolds on nhra's pic of the week

2. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

The car should have a chassis # on the shoulder hoop.
    The "grapes" and grapevine are a trademark of Jim Hume, the tinman. The more "doobies"-the more grapevine !:)

3. The Leveler

The Leveler New Member

the cage has been replaced. it has several coats of paint on it. havent had time to strip the paint off. if any one knows a good chassis guy around colorado let me know

4. barszcz

barszcz New Member

jim hume is probably the best tank builder in the country maybe further out than that. the grapes are a symbol of "all good things come in time." as far as chassis id goes if the car was built in the 70's you may be hard pressed to find an id, tag, number etc.... nowadays some respected chassis builders could look at the chassis and tell you who built it but from 30+ years ago that may be difficult.

5. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 Member

If the car was built in the 70's era, it should have a "SEMA" tag bearing the builder SEMA number welded to the shoulder hoop area. It may also have been stamped into the tube, but most of those I have seen were welded on.

6. WADE RACING

WADE RACING New Member

Uncle Bob Meyer / Davids Ride

I am just curious as to when Davids S Flopper will be done or is it already ? ? ? And what does a Welder know about doobies ? ? ? ?Happy Trails, Larry.................................

7. Chuck Stevens

Chuck Stevens New Member

You might mail a picture of the chassis to: Jim Hume, 22334 Prairie Rd, Sedro Wooley WA 98284. He might be able to identify it. Just realized, I've been his friend for over 50 years and, yes, he's been this good since he was in Jr. high.:)

8. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Larry; body is in town, just finished Ivo's barnstormer, will start mounting body now. Chassis has been done a while.

Bob

9. WADE RACING

WADE RACING New Member

Just A Welder

Wow, When Did You Get The Barnstormer To Do ?? Is It The Original ?? You Did It For Free For Tv Right? Happy Trails, Larry...