Cam tech question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Dragsterbus, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Hi !, around 2001 a friend of mine was running a top alky dragster and he used a cam from Comp cams that in the description said "baseline supercharged alcohol, easy on valvetrain" his car ran in the 5.90's and he said it didnt kill the valve springs, would anyone have an old catalogue with the number of the cam as Comp cams haven't been able to find it so far,
    Thanks for any help
    Wayne
    oh it's for a raised cam stage 7 KB

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  2. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

dragsterbus... if that's your real name... i would have no earthy idea on the cam you're looking for but please post up a full size picture of that thing in your avatar :eek:

3. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

4. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

you sir are um... well... let's just say creative!! that's freakin cool man! i got a buddy that is a freak about VW's and he's gonna be in love!

[​IMG]
    v-dub in da haus!!!!

[​IMG]
    this guy wants to race ya tho!!

5. ITS IN MY BLOOD

6. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Ha ha Glad you like it, i like to do my own thing (you can probably tell) and i had an old pick up and a hemi and you know how it is

7. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

I'll take some decent pics of it with the rear bodywork on and post them when the weather gets better here and i can shove it outside

8. Eric David Bru

That thing is SICK!

...and I mean that in a good way~!

:cool:

EDB

9. craig moss

craig moss Member

cam

here is what I have from a 92 cat. hemi the way the book lists it roller-blown alc dragster or funny car venley heads lash .026 .028 cam part# 24-769-9a adv. dur 331-3 342-4 @.050 294 304 lift .761 .760 114 deg. brad heads same setting lash part# 24-777-9a adv. dur. 331-3 331-3 deg. @.050 294 294 lift .761 .737 114 deg lc hope it helps:confused:

10. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Thanks Craig ,I'll check it out, I'll post some more pics too

11. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

I've added some pics to my profile for those that asked, Thanks for the help and interest guys, hopefully i'll get a run out of it this year
    Wayne

12. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

some body has way to much time on there hands are needs to slow down on the drinking out in the shop ( lol ) i seen that ride awhile back pretty cool do you have any video of it

hope you didnt mind the kiddin ya a little it

13. craig moss

craig moss Member

drinking in the shop

If we quit drinking in the shop most of us or me wouldn't come up with half of the ideas we do. Hell if I didn't drink in the shop with my buddies I wouldn't have a reason to race :D

14. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

Ha ha, i love a bit of banter and the shops the best place to drink (coffee mainly !)
    I haven't run it yet, my new block arrived just in time for winter , I've still got to get rods, cam, lifters and push rods, i'll be looking for recomendations as i go along (this is my first blown alky hemi) , BUT when i do run it it'll be filmed and posted, My other half bought me an mp3 type motorsport recorder for christmas so there will be a few 'pencil' cameras on the bus, i'll keep you posted on the progress

15. GregM784

GregM784 Member

I call those Beer-Ventions. They're great.

16. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

what bore i have a bunch of 4.25 stuff new and used pistons rods rings ect........ very reasonable

17. GregM784

GregM784 Member

My brother is a faithful VWee guy. His response to your Dragster Bus:

the new and improved caption would read,"I over heard the long-haired one vow to never be late to a 'Dead Concert' agian!"
    OR.......
    Jesus freaks have gone "super-sonic" proclaiming,"Yeaaah Bouy-Thats how We roll,Peace-Love & Nitro..Beuach!!!

18. Dragsterbus

Dragsterbus Member

My bus is 4.310 bore and 4 1/2 stroke, a friend of mine is running 4.25 so i'll mention it to him,
    Gratefull Dead ! Jesus Freaks ! ha ha , he's right though about the hair though !

19. dragracer157

dragracer157 New Member

I have a brand new Crane Cam the late Charlie Bell and I had custom ground for just the purpose you speak of, Valve Spring life! It's a R-292/480-2s2-16, problem is it's for a splayed lifter block(48 degree) The thing worked awesome, we went from one run on the intakes to 4-5 and lost no performance. Let me know if you want the rest of the specs, and obviously if anyone needs it it's for sale. :)

Brian

20. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Nice ride!

The cam thing,,,
    You could always ship it to a cam grinder, have them Cam Dr. it and make more. Wouldn't this do it?