Bruno vs Quick Drive

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Frontenginedragsters, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Frontenginedragsters

Looking for feedback from users of both Quick Drive and Bruno units.
    I have heard very good things about both.
    I would like to hear about customer service and longevity of the parts.
    Gathering parts for a build this winter.
    Strictly bracket racing usage. Pro-Tree index racing also.
    We have lots of older / course spline CS1 Lenco stuff to bolt up to it.
    If somebody wants a private conversation I understand.
    I'm not wanting to start a mud throwing conversation.
    Thanks!
    God Bless America !!

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

They are both great and really makes no difference which one. I think Used Bruno’s are more available and maybe a little cheaper. I am more used to the Bruno. The only failure I have seen is when the driver doesn’t wait for the drum to stop spinning before he applies the Transbrake which causes you to burn the band.

3. Austin Boil

Austin Boil New Member

My experience has only been with Quick Drive but have nothing but good things to say. Steve is excellent on support & advice on maximizing it's capabilities as well which is important.

As Mike said the Bruno has been around a long time so probably more available on the used market if cost is the deciding factor. The TB function is mechanically different between the two. The converter dump setup on the newer QuickDrive's is very nice.

4. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

I have a quickdrive and it's been nothing but great. The clutch pack has been in it for 3 years and still looks brand new. It's extremely repeatable and doesn't seem to make a bunch of heat. His new update for the transbrake makes the unit even better. I've been told you almost need a delay box with it on a pro tree. Very easy to go red.

Austin Boil likes this.
  5. lucky devil

lucky devil Member

I have run a BRUNO for a few years , like anything else you have to know how t functions and what makes it tick. I like it