* Brooks Rods Clearancing? *

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by MoparMartian, Oct 6, 2009.

1. MoparMartian

MoparMartian Member

After clearancing my New Brooks Rods (526 Hemi 4.31x4.50) for the std cam location block, I took off about 50 thousandths in the thread area for the rod bolt...to clear the cam.
    This only leaves about 70 thousandths on the thread area. Will this even work. This looks like rod failure to me. The BME and Howards rods seem to have a better shape to them so you don't have to clearance on the rod bolt area. Anyone have the same issue with the Brooks Rods. Have you run the combo.. I don't want to run it with that clearancing.

2. REEHL EQUIPMENT

REEHL EQUIPMENT Authorized Merchant

This is why they went to a tall cam block.

Next time, you might get the cam ground with a smaller base circle.

If you took the material off the side, and you only have .070 thickness, I wouldn't run them.

3. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Robert is rite, on one of our spare motors it is the standard deal and when you order rods from brooks tell them and they will cut them for you.Call Jerry and ask him to see what he thinks if it was me I would send him the rods and let him take a look at them..Dave lowe

4. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

I have a 526 Miner Bros. that I have to cam cut the Brooks rods in.I'm in Colorado also, If you'd like give me a call.

Dale
    970-302-1232

5. Dusterfränky

Dusterfränky New Member

Hi, we run brooks B2 in our 526 Hemi combo (4.375/4.375, 14/71 HHR, converter door car, std. cam location). We grind the rods like you. We never had a rod problem the last years. Our rev. limit is around 8000 rpm. Bye Frank