Broken Intake Rocker

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by ProMod83, May 16, 2010.

1. ProMod83

ProMod83 Member

wondering if broken rockers are common in the alcohol world. We run a Brad 8 with Brad Hi ratio rockers. We broke number 7 intake rocker in half. The only thing I can think off is maybe we have too much valve spring at 500? I really thought a lot of guys ran 450 500 with these deals.

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

call manton, we have never broke any, let us know what you find out..Dave

3. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

magnafluxing rockers

Bob Miner magnafluxed my intake rockers last time I was at his shop. He says he has heard of guys breaking them so he is checking them prophylactically. I am adding magnafluxing them to my yearly rebuild chores. Dave Germain

4. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

some times parts just fail if there is no evidence of other problems did you ever notice the adjustment changing on that rocker that would have been a sign something was going on after running the big spring pressure im not a big fan past a certain point seemed hard on parts

5. noelmanton

noelmanton Authorized Merchant

Rocker Arm Failure

We now offer a billet rocker which is a direct replacement for the Stage V rocker that apparently failed. Our rocker is made from a block of 4340 steel, has a 7/16 x 20 pressure fed adjuster, and is guaranteed against breakage. If you break it we replace it.

Go to www.mantonrockerarms.com. see page 5. Top Fuel Billet Intake Rocker arm. We also offer an exhaust rocker arm with the same guaranty.

Phone: 951 674-2212 or 951 245-6565

Noel Manton