BRAD 5 or BRAD4

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Nitrorunner, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Nitrorunner

Nitrorunner New Member

Looking to run injected nitro. What head performs the best? The Brad 5 ? The Brad 4? Brad 5 seems to be the head of choice. Is this because you all run and know it, or is it better then a Brad 4? Thanks ALL

2. was R4K

was R4K Member

due to your location in Florida- it would be wise to look into Veney heads prior to a decision- call Newberry, or Veney and compare.

3. Nitrorunner

Nitrorunner New Member

Does every one agree on this head matter.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

Here's my take on it....I dont know anything about the specific differences in the heads but i do that know newberry goes to the races to serve his customers. If you need help he'll answer your questions straight out without beating around the bush. When we raced with Brad heads it was hard to get a straight answer out of Brad. I know that Newberry has been working on these new BIG valve heads and they are supposed to be very good. You also have to look at some other aspects of your combination...Newberry motors like to rev and rev fast. I dont know if the brad motors are the same way now or not but the BAE3 stuff was a grunt motor lots of torque and low rpms. Just some things to consider.

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

if you are going a/f, bae 5 is the only way to go. the only viable alternative would be some of sanchez's total flow heads, which are almost identical to the bae 5. while the veney/newberry head is a viable combo in tafc, they are virtually non existant with the competitive a/f teams. reichert tried to run them for a while, and he gave up on them. the fontana head appears to be about as big as you can go on combustion chamber cc's and run a/f.

6. Nitrorunner

Nitrorunner New Member

Thanks Will,
    That is what I was looking for.
    A Correct answer!!!!!!

Ross

7. Bob Holley

Bob Holley New Member

Hey Wll,

How about two or three years ago when Woods set the TAD record at Pomona at 5.30 with BAE 4 heads.

8. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

bob,

that still is a fathead design. i guess i should have said fathead rather than bae 5. i was more addressing the posts that talked about using veney heads for a/f.