Books/Publications on Alky Blown Engines

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Team PTI Racing, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Team PTI Racing

Team PTI Racing New Member

I have helped out some BAD racers a few times at some national and divisional events and am interested in possibly getting into a blown alky F/C or BAD car someday. I have raced everything from oval track weekly racing series cars to USCS Winged outlaw 360 alky injected sprint cars to my current cars which are three alky junior dragsters (for my kids) and an alky super comp dragster with a 1150 holley carb (7.90's 170 in 1/4). My question is this: Is there anyone out there that sells or provides tech materials to further a persons knowledge in blown alky hemi engines??? Based on my experience so far (I have helped out doing general maint, assisted in the clutch, and paired up with a crew member and worked on the bottom end during a divisional race), it seems the largest learning curve on these cars is the fuel system and the clutch settings. Any advice would be helpful. I love to learn and love to read and study so books or material on the subject of blown alky engines and drive trains would be a great item for me to get my hands on.

Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

the psi owners manual is very good. it gives a complete fuel system, explains it all, talks about tuning, why do this, etc.

thats about the only book i know of.

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Will:

I've bought more than one PSI and never got an owner's manual. Now I know what we're doing wrong! We never read the instructions!

NORM!!! ROGER!!!

4. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

I know that Norm has been giving a fuel system diagram with his blowers ever since the first production run was distributed. I have it laying around here somewhere...

5. gpking

gpking Super Comp

harvey racing engines has a book( hre.com,)and Ken Lowe sells a book don't have the web address handy(just use a search engine punch in ken lowe)i know Ken's book is very detailed with pictures and everything.lol.GP