Booher Heads to Norwalk to Continue Quest for 5.2s‏

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, May 17, 2013.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Booher Heads to Norwalk to Continue Quest for 5.2s‏

Booher_Indy Reg Launch.jpg NORWALK, Ohio (May 15, 2013) – As the NHRA Lucas Oil Series tour rolls into Norwalk, Ohio for the Cavalcade of Stars race at Summit Motorsports Park, Top Alcohol Dragster pilot Brandon Booher will be looking to improve the career-best numbers in his AB Construction dragster. Reassuring results at the last race in Indy lead Brandon to believe his carbon fiber missile can join the class’ elite in the 5.2-second range this weekend.

“For the most part, we’re just keeping it simple,” Booher said. “We know what we did at Indy went 5.34 at 271, so it would be silly to veer away from that for our first pass. I’m assuming the weather will be good and I know the track surface will be good. Our plan for the first run is simple - get down the track, get a decent spot on the qualifying order, and just build from there. I’d love to say it’ll run in the five-twenties this weekend. But if it runs 5.50 and wins the round, that’s good enough for me. I probably wouldn’t be thrilled, but we’re concerned about the round wins and the Wally.”

The numbers achieved at Indy proved what Brandon and his father, Aaron, believed since they started racing a blown alcohol dragster years ago.

“We’ve always known that we have a good motor, maintenance program, and car, but we were having trouble making the car perform because of what was available to us in the converter. To have people looking at us now and talking, I just view it as a compliment. It shows us that we’re doing something right. I think it’s a good thing for the torque converter combination. People who were previously scared away from moving up to the alcohol ranks because of the disadvantages of the clutch now have the option of running a converter competitively. It shows that you don’t need a huge budget or crew to do it, you just need to approach it differently,” claimed the 30-year old Illinois driver.

The Mickey Mart Cavalcade of Stars, the second race on the LODRS North Central region schedule, has earned a reputation for being the largest Lucas Oil Series race all year, for both fans and competitors. Over forty thousand spectators poured through the gates for the Saturday night show last year. Booher says this overwhelming turnout supercharges his desire to perform.

“The Bader family does such a great job bringing in fans for this race. It’s the way every event should be. It’s fun to look into the stands as I’m backing up from the burnout, seeing all the camera flashes and fans cheering. It really makes you want to go out there and do well. The people there are very enthusiastic about racing. It makes you feel like somebody is there to see what you’re doing. It gives you that extra incentive to perform well.”

Brandon Booher and the AB Construction team will be racing with support from Goodson Tools, Spitzer Race Cars, Motorsports Unlimited, Coan Torque Converters, and Killer Machine Solutions.

Booher Racing is a Champaign, Illinois-based Top Alcohol Dragster team, competing in the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series. Former Junior Dragster driver Brandon Booher pilots the family-owned AB Construction blown alcohol dragster. The team owns the world record for quickest and fastest converter-equipped TAD. Booher Racing receives support from Motorsports Unlimited, Goodson Tools, Spitzer Race Cars, and Torque Management. To learn more about Booher Racing, please visit www.nitronate.com/booher.

For news and results throughout the 2013 season, follow Booher Racing on Facebook (www.facebook.com/booherracing) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/booherracing).

###

Thanks,
    Nate Van Wagnen
    NVW Motorsports Promotion
    440-986-1480

www.nitronate.com