Blown intake gasket.

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by So Long Racing, Aug 22, 2017.

1. So Long Racing

So Long Racing New Member

The wife just recently squeezed out an intake gasket past one of the water ports. Anyone have any recommendations on gaskets and or sealers or any other advice on how to go about sealing these ports up better to avoid this issue? Thanks in advance.

2. bob szabo

bob szabo FC / altered

Double check for excess crank case pressure or cooling system pressure that may have caused the problem.

Bob Szabo
    bob@racecarbook.com
    airdensityonline.com

3. Ray Hadford

Ray Hadford Member

Fel pro has intake gaskets with a metal layer . I have had to use them to prevent intake blow out due to blower boost. That will also help the water system problems. My cooling system is not pressurized. I use a small diameter, tall drysump tank as my water reservoir / swirl pot , and it is not pressurized. It overflows into a large catch tank, if needed.

Ray H.

4. Nitro Madness

Nitro Madness Super Comp

Set the intake on the engine without gaskets and use a feeler gauge on all 4 corners to check the mating surfaces for squareness and fit. Might be surprised how far some are off. Check each end between manifold and head at the top and bottom of ports. Might need to mill the manifold surfaces just a little for a perfect fit.