Blower Restriping

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BB/AM1188, Jun 6, 2005.

1. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

I was wondering how often we should restrip our blower. It is a 1471 BDS thats about 28% underdriven. its being run on a bb/am. 321 ci small block chevy. we talked to a alky funny car running a 1471 and they said every 2 runs but since they are spinning it so much faster than we will be were not sure how often we should. we were thinking to just do it before every race. any advice would help. thanx

2. jpruett

jpruett New Member

we restrip our blower ever race or two or three... we run on real slick tracks so we are already overpowered (running 1471 526 hemi) if you are on good track and really concerened about thousandths of a second, the more the better. otherwise, if you are running slick tracks and already having to take away from tune up, not such a concern. every race or two in this situation is plenty. some guys go all year and don't touch theirs, once again, how serious are you about performance and how good of track are you running on.

3. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

the car will only be run at divisional or national events. Most of the tracks are decent so we shouldnt have to take power out. i guess we will just see how the motor runs if it will get us decently qualified without leaning on it to much we wont be to concerned about restriping. thanks

4. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

as slow as you are spinning your blower you probaly won't want to restrip to often as then you will have to change your tune up until it takes a set back to where it was. once a year maybe a check for seal and bearing check up otherwise it will be fine. i would think about putting a boost gauge with a memory kit if you don't have one or a computer so you know that the blower is reapeting about the same boost each pass.if you need one i have them thanks jr

5. BB/AM1188

BB/AM1188 New Member

we actually have both a computer and boost gauge. the reason i asked was because the boost seemed to fall off a little. we just restriped it so we will just wait and see what happens. thanx