Blower rebuild

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by hotrodharlkey, Feb 5, 2009.

1. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

i bought a used blower that was to be new refreshed unit..i feel i need to send and have it checked to make sure it is ok to use and it needs repolished bad..i talked to this company and also got a blower intake from them..he says he would disassembl my blower and make sure everything is good and right in it and repolish to a show polish job on it for only $400.00 but i can't find anything on him on net..checking to see if anyone in southern ca. area that may know or heard anything about him..he is located around or in whittier ca. company name is Nu-Tech Hi Performance also called Nutech Racing ;;when you call or e-mail you talk to his wife Rose i'd talk to him once when i had him machine my intake for burst panel but he doesn't speak english very good so hard to understand..

any help on finding out this guys work before hand would be nice...I E-MAIL THEM TO GET THERE BUSINESS NAME TO SEE IF I COULD FIND ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.BELOW IS E-MAIL I GOT BACK FROM THEM..WITH ALL THE CUSTOM WORK THEY DO I'D THINK SOMEONE HAS HAD TO USE THEM..HELP..

Hello Sir,
    Yes we do owned a machine shop here in Southern California and the name of our shop is Nu-Tech Hi Performance but we go by Nutech Racing for short...We do a lot of customize work. If you have anything in mind that needs to be done just ask me if we could do it for you.

WE ALSO OFFER CUSTOMIZE MACHINING :

***BLOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD O-RING GROOVING (TOP).***

***BACKFIRE VALVE INSTALLATION.***

***BLOWER ,INTAKE MANIFOLD /WELDING***

***FIXED THREAD(LOOSE THREAD)(BROKEN STUD)***

***FLY-CUT INTAKE MANIFOLD RAILS (BOTH SIDE)***

***POLISH INTAKES AND BLOWERS***

*CUT PULLEY'S LENGTH INSIZE 1/2 PITCH/ 8.0MM/13.9 MM/14.0 MM*

***CUT BELT IN SIZE 1/2 PITCH ,8.0MM/13.9/14.0MM***

***REBUILD BLOWERS***

***MACHINE AND TEFLON ROTORS 6 POINTS***

***TRIPLE PINNING (ROTORS)***

***HONE INSIDE CASE***

***WELD /MACHINE ROTORS***

***MACHINE /INSTALL BLOWER SIGHT GAUGE /PREASSURE RELIEF VALVE***

***HARD ANODIZING INSIDE BLOWER /REAR -FRONT BEARING PLATE /ROTORS***

***WE CUSTOMIZE CENTER TO CENTER DUAL CARB SCOOP ***

***FABRICATE/CUSTUMIZE AFTER MARKET CRANK HUB ***

***BLACK ANODIZING DRIVE KITS***

***CONVERTS AFTER MARKET MANIFOLD INSTALL E.F.I.***

***FABRICATE ODD HARD TO FIND PARTS ***

***FABRICATE SPACER ODD SIZE ***

***PREP AND CHROME CARBURATOR***

***FABRICATE LINKAGE SHAFT 10-32 L/R HEIM END***

***MACHINE /INSTALL INJECTOR NOZZLE BODY IN PORT/ HAT***

Thanks,
    Rose

2. Relentless

Relentless www.bretitanium.com

All that for $400 ?

3. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

NO;the list is all the things he does in his business;;;for the $400 he was going to take my blower apart and repolish blower/check and set clearances for running alky/replace bearings and seals and gaskets.....

i bought my blower off e-bay and seller told me blower was just refreshed but he took it on trade deal and forgot to ask if it was for gas or alky..it is black color inside as if it has been hard andized and it has strips on rotors but to be 100% sure everything is good befor using it i was going to have this guy to do the above work on it but i'd like to talk to someone that has used him befor to make sure he knows what he is doing.i called rds/usa superchaRGERS/bds/and tbs[the blower shop]but guess since i'm a no-body they haven't return my phone calls..that is way i'm looking at this guy above to do my blower for me..he did my intake[machined for burst panel--only charge $40.00 and 2-day turnaround]

4. LeWhite

LeWhite BB/Alt

Some guy working cumchaw out the back door of BDS.

5. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

you know him?

6. crdafoe

crdafoe Member

Remember the adage: "You get what you pay for". Do you want to chance whatever you spent on this blower to an unknown guy? You should weigh a supposed "good deal" price versus the chance of never getting your blower back from this guy nobody's ever heard of, and having no recourse.

JR at RBS Superchargers. Excellent service. 'Nuff said.

7. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

i tried to use RBS also called BDS and 2 other well known blower shops but non will return my phone calls..can't do business with them if they won't return there phone calls.i'm just a no-body building my first blower engine and not spending the big money with them so guess they don't have time for me.that's why i'm trying to find someone that is as good as the big name company's but still needs the small time persons money to make it.

8. Mert Littlefield

Mert Littlefield New Member

You didn't call us.:) We hear these horror stories all the time. You have
    to be careful what you buy on ebay.
    Littlefield Blowers
    (714)992-9292

9. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

i'll give you a call today..the guy i bought from i feel good about.he has made 1000+ transaction on e-bay with a 100%+ feedbacks;;i got blower for $800.00 with free shipping..it was taped up[sealed]very good and looks like new inside.he just didn't know is it is clearance for gas or alky..i'm thinking alky[hopping anyway]because insides are coated/striped/rotors pined/can't turn by hand..so i'm thinking it is set up for alky but need to be sure and needs polished

10. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

just curious what kind of blower did you buy for 800.00 a racing blower are a street blower and what size like some one said be careful you get what you pay for

11. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

it is a big bore 6-71 that was refreshed and hard anodized rotors and case..rotors has been pined and TEFLON strips on rotors

12. GregM784

GregM784 Member

sounds like a decent deal! it costs about that that have strips put on one.

13. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

i thought it was also..the guy i got from had made over 1000 sells on e-bay with 100% postive feedback;;went to your web site and noticed you had a nova before your FED..wouldn't let me open pics.would like to have seen pics..i'm a big nova fan.i'm building a 63 nova wagon thats been made into a 2 door sedan delivery..full chassis car..that's where the blower is going once engine is built.buying parts now..a few pics below of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

the car is bad ass it needs a bigger blower instead of that baby blower ( just kiddin )

zoomies would be real cool on that car

id like to see it done

15. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

thanks jim;;a bigger blower has crossed my mind a lot..i'd like to go bigger and put my mag on a front drive...i'd call and e-mail USA SUPERCHARGERS ABOUT LOOKING AT MY BLOWER AND REPOLISHING AND ALSO about seeing what kind of trade-in i could get on a bigger rebuilt blower..there web site says they have a trade-in programe but haven't heard back from them..going to call littlefillied blowers tomorrow.was going to call today but forgot i had a doctors appointment..below is a drawing of what car will look like when done..slow building.on disabilty so very low income to work with...but i'll get it done.the reason i'm having to shop for blower rebuilder to check out blower

[​IMG]

16. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

JR at RBS is great to deal with he also has a trade in program if he is not there talk to ROBIN

THE DRAWING LOOKS GOOD

17. GregM784

GregM784 Member

I think i took most of the pictures down of the Nova. I had it 19 years, and was tired of looking at it. :)

I ran a blown 331 chevy in it. small bore 6-71, bird, and alcohol. It would run mid 8's but i was focused on running C/Gas which is 9.60 so that is where we left the tune up most of the time. It was a blast, and would truck along pretty well. I've always wanted a Nova wagon. Seeing yours reminds me of that. :)

Good luck.

18. GregM784

GregM784 Member

19. hotrodharlkey

hotrodharlkey New Member

20. wilman0069

wilman0069 New Member

Rbs

I just started dealing with RBS 2 months ago. Probably the best luck I've had with anybody. I've ordered the wrong thing before or they accidently shipped the wrong thing, but they always make it right and reship the same day.