Blower Manifold to suit Pontiac/ Big Chief Heads

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Aussie Alky, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Aussie Alky

Aussie Alky New Member

Does anyone know who makes or where I can get a cast magnesium manifold with burst panel provision to suit Pontiac/ Big Chief heads on a Rodeck 481 tall deck, can be either new or used.

Thanks.

2. DAVEQ

DAVEQ New Member

Indy Cylinder heads in Indianapolis Indiana ( usa ) makes the manifold you are looking for in either mag or aluminum .You probably want to talk to russ there . Here is the phone # 317-862-3724.

3. Aussie Alky

Aussie Alky New Member

Thanks for the reply, I thought they specialized in Mopar stuff? Nothing listed on their web site...I'll give them a call.

Thanks.

4. DAVEQ

DAVEQ New Member

Yes they do make the mopar stuff and the big chief stuff is not even listed in their catalog or web site as you mentioned . I have one of their big chief manifolds that I bought new from russ who i believe might be one of the owners of the business . The machining for the burst panel is extra so don't forget to ask for that if you need one . Get the magnesium one , the aluminum is pretty damn heavy !.

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

the mag may be lighter, but how long have you ran it. we had a mag intake made by les davenport and we had alot of problems keeping the top plate true. we lost 3 races in 02 (our third year with the intake - so we did get some life out of it) because the top plate would warp so much it would blow the blower o-ring out the back. we also run our blower belt extremely tight, so that doesn't help. unless you are extremely weight consious, i would go with the aluminum. we bought an aluminum davenport intake this past year and had zero problems with it. i don't know that les makes a big chief intake, but another guy that makes bad ass intakes is rick santos. i think hogans makes blower intakes too.

[ February 17, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]