Blower boost psi using different injectors?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by KMS, Sep 2, 2005.

1. KMS

KMS New Member

Has anyone using a psi hat with the adapter plate or buzzard catcher on a roots blower see any boost psi increase when switching to a carbon 3 hole or the carbon 4 hole injector?

2. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

WELL I CAN'T SAY THAT ON SOME OF THE COMBO'S THERE HAS NECESSARILY MORE BOOST BUT PEOPLE HAVE FOUND MORE POWER. FOR INSTANCE THE INJECTOR RISER SPACER THAT WE SELL THAT MOVES THE INJECTOR FORWARD AND UP BILL AT ODDY'S BOLTED IT ON AFTER THEY HAD MADE TWO DYNO PULLS AND MADE THREE MORE PULLS THE THREE PULLS ALL MADE BETWEEN 30 TO 35 MORE HORSE AND THAT WAS AT A A STANDSTILL ON THE DYNO. GOING DOWN TRACK I HAVE TO THINK IT WOULD BE EVEN BETTER. ALSO CUSTOMERS THAT I HAVE DONE DIVDERS IN THE INJECTOR FOR SEEM TO BE HAPPY AND DIDN'T GET MORE BOOST BUT HAD TO RICHEN UP THE FUEL SYSTEM WHICH IN TURN MAKES MORE POWER. SO TO ANSWER THE QUESTION I THINK DIFFERENT HATS COULD ALLOW THE AIR TO BE FORCED INTO THE SUPERCHARGER MORE EFFICENTLY CREATING MORE POWER/BOOST. BUT HOPEFULLY SOMEONE HAS SOME DYNO STORYS TO TELL.

3. Manmana

Manmana Guest

Heres a story for you, back in the day, i forget his name, but he turned his injector air scoop (on upright hilbornes) back ward and he went quicker and faster, i think it was at indy, in the 60`s, (probably more aireodynamic)

4. Fuel Doctor

Fuel Doctor Nitroholic

The tall carbon fiber hats work better as the airflow is less turbulant in the hat.

The risers help some but turbulance are caused in the back of the hat on the Enderle stuff.

The divider plates help a great deal as they reduce turbulance at the blower inlet.

The ram air at the inlet of the hat causes a great deal of turbulance also.

The Gibson/Miller and Geradot vertical injectors work well in some applications because we can design the scoop for the maximum in efficencey.