blower advice needed

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by James D, May 4, 2005.

1. James D

James D New Member

Getting closer on my new funny car/altered project. We were running a 588 BBC injected on alcohol 15/1 compression. I now have a fresh 1471 hi-helix to put on top. The hat has(8)52's plus two additional 52's in the back of the blower, 110 pump, 17% overdrive. Couple questions; can I get away with not changing the pistons if I don't run the blower any faster? If I can't is 11.25 the right number to shoot for? What cam would be right? 1900lbs max 34.5 tires P/G 4.30 gears. Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome, I'm hoping to be running in 2-3 months. thanks

2. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

james,
    my personal opinion is 15-1 is way too high compression. 11.25 sounds alot better.i don't think that the enderle 110 pump will be enough either. if i may make a suggestion....send your whole fuel system out and have someone flow it. we run an altered as well, and don gerardot does all our fuel system work. he is a straight shooter and does great work. http://www.gerardot.com/
    talk to him, tell him what you want to do,combination,etc. he will help you.
    hope this helps.......darren russell

3. Leon

Leon New Member

Heck, ur in Calif,just call Gene Adams
    530-365-5440. He is in Anderson.

4. DQUES

DQUES Member

11.25 is about right and for sure a lot better than 15 to 1 . If it were mine I would send the whole fuel system to the master of the BBC blower engines , Jim Oddy in new york . Jim will have the correct camshaft for you also . He has probably built more blown chevy's than anyone . The extra $$$ you spend with Oddy will save you a lot of $$$ in wasted trips to the track and also save you from burning up parts and down time . Jim will not tell you eveything you need to know without spending some cash with him first though . Jims # is 716-674-2500 .

5. James D

James D New Member

Thanks guys sounds like good advice.