best place to get a pump flowed

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by altered boy, Mar 7, 2004.

1. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

Looking to get my pumped flowed before we get too far along into the season... just want to establish a good baseline. It's an little Enderle 110 on a BBC in an outlaw altered. Any reccommendations? I'm in Kansas City, not that it matters too much... thank god for UPS. Thanks...

Sean

www.metalmafiaracing.com

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Send it to Ralph Gorr. He has a new flow bench that will give you very accurate numbers better than anyone else. He has enough data to know where your pump should be in the first place which will help you avoid any problems in the long run.

3. altered boy

Cool thanks... any idea what he charges and approximate turn around time? Just curious... how about some contact info? thanks...

Sean

www.metalmafiaracing.com

4. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Don Gerardot (in Indiana) does great work at reasonable prices. He's the only guy that gets to touch my system. His number is
    (260) 623-3048.

Good luck,
    Marty

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

both of the above are very reputable places, but another person to consider who is like the godfather of fuel systems is tom conway in seminole ok. tom has won 2 world championships, 8 division championships himself. has done fuel systems for other division champions such as shelly howard, lee callaway, jason cannon, jay meyer and more. the guy knows fuel systems. give him a call at 405-382-0205.

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I thought he just wanted a pump flowed, not a fuel system. I use Ralph's pump numbers as a baseline to check out our pumps before we put them on the car.

Ralph has two brand new flow benches and 4 total with a history of data which should include the pump he's talking about. Ralph pumps them all.

The others named off here have top alky experience but can they help this guy with a 110 Enderle pump? They can give him numbers, but how do those numbers compare to other similar 110 pumps?

You'd be surprised who sends their pumps to Ralph Gorr.

7. Hemi Parts

Hemi Parts Top Fuel

Gee thanks will, you forgot me. Have I been gone that long?

Bill

8. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Im going to have to suggest that you send your pump to Mike at Rage racing engines in Conn. Mike is the fuel pump god to all those famous names like Austin Coil, David Baca, Thomas Anderson. Ken Veney even goes to Mike for his pumps. So if yu need good data from waht you have his flow bench is dead on garunteed. call him at 860.345.3004 ask for mike.

9. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

bill - once you converted over to the dark side, you defaulted all your blown accomplishments. LOL. jk sorry about not mentioning you.

youngtuner - what happened to picking our block up? saw yall there sunday morning, then yall were gone. ended up sending it to brad due to on track shipping service Fastrac...

what it boils down to is there are plenty of reputable fuel system 'guru's around the country. gorr, conway, gerardot, rage, fowler, barrett and more all know their stuff. fact of the matter most racers are going to be loyal to the guy who does their systems. if they got a good name and some good cars and some history, chances are they're a safe bet.

10. altered boy

Hey thanks guys for all the info... very much appreciated. Looking to be out playing soon and hope to see some of you all soon... if you run into us feel free to come by and have a cold beverage and shoot the breeze....

Sean
    www.metalmafiaracing.com

11. P71 Interceptor

P71 Interceptor Jr. Dragster

We use Gene Adams flowed our entire system for $400, Gene is the west coast guru of fuel systems
    I don't have his contact info handy but can get it if you want.

MRG