Best air pressure gauge for tires

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Cdn526, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

Hey fellas, what tire gauge (0 - 15 psi) have you found that's simple, consistent, reliable, & fair priced?
    Thanks!
    Clif

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

All the cars I've worked on over the years have used CSR gauges. Most accurate and durable but a bit spendy

3. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

air gauge

ironically, it's a CSR that I now have, and it's out 1/4 lb...but it is 7 yrs old.
    just seen a few digital ones being used, not sure on accuracy of those
    Clif

4. Mark Billington

You can send your gauge back to CSR to get it calibrated and I believe they do that at national events too

5. tad1011

tad1011 Member

tire gauge

The CSR gauge is no longer available. They are not at national events any longer. What is the next best?

6. scott hall

scott hall Member

Moroso has a full line of tire pressure gauges that will give you all levels of measurement.

We have the lower end gauges that is a standard 0-15 psi that run about $45. They are a simple mechanical gauge that has been around for decades.

The second gauge we have is the digital gauges that can read on hundredths of a psi and are becoming more common with sportsman racers and alcohol racers. It has lots of readout options, and we have a YouTube video that shows what it can do. These come in 0-15 and 0-60 for front tires.

Our high end, re-calibrate mechanical gauge is still our best seller with pro-teams. It requires careful handling, and must be held straight up when checking tires.

As far as calibration checking of gauges, we have that covered. At any Division 1, 3, and 7 races, you can get your gauge checked. In Division 1, my Moroso trailer is outfitted with a calibration checker that is .001% accurate at 5 psi. Division 3 will have the same unit at Horton Motorsports trailer. In Division 7, Fig speed can check I also.

These gauges are available at these Divisional Trailers and at any speed shop near you.

At any time, Moroso can check re-calibrate any gauge that is ours at our factory.

Sorry to be an infomercial, but i'm surprised when the world thinks only one company sells and supports tire pressure gauges. We have been doing these before these other companies even existed.

Scott Hall
    Sales Engineer
    Moroso Performance
    scotth@moroso.com

7. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

Air Gauge

Thank you Scott.
    too bad we run Div 4 & 5 races....
    I'll check you guys out online.
    Clif

8. Sean Bellemeur

Sean Bellemeur Jr. Dragster

Check out the Moroso gauge. We have used one on our car for a couple years now and it's awesome... on the money!

Sean

9. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

csr

I haven't been to a national event this year, but the K&N trailer on the midway still had the calibration tester and could adjust your gauge on site for the CSR gauges as of last year.

The Intercomp digital gauge is pretty popular because it can go 0-99 psi and is the choice of many Nascar teams.

Regardless of brand I think it's always a good idea to have a 'calibration' gauge in the trailer that is not used for anything but to check your normal gauge.

10. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

spare calibration gauge

Good point , Will

11. Mark Leigh

Mark Leigh Member

Ditto on the Moroso gauge -- it glows in the dark too !

12. Ron Smith

Ron Smith Jr. Dragster

We use a digital gauge from Joes

13. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman