Bellemeur to drive for Meer

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by Will Hanna, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Bellemeur named new driver for Ron Meer Motorsports

Anaheim, Calif. - Ron Meer Motorsports (RMM) has announced that they will have Sean Bellemeur drive the Meer Homes Inc. Top Alcohol Funny Car. Bellemeur, a 25 year old second generation driver from Fullerton, CA will take over the controls of the car with his sights set on the Lucas Oil Pacific Division 7 Championship and the National Title. “To say I’m excited is an understatement!” said Sean who spent the last three seasons driving a funny car with his family. “It is going to be a lot of fun to work so closely with such talents of the sport. I know I am going to learn a lot and I really feel that we have a potent recipe to compete with the best in the country.”

Bellemeur comes from an extensive racing background, which includes driving the HighSpeed Motorsports Nostalgia Top Fuel Dragster in which he won many races and finished a close 2nd in the Goodguys VRA points in 2006. He also drove the Bellemeur Motorsports Top Alcohol Funny Car campaigned by his family. His mom and dad will continue to run the car with a permanent driver still to be named. “My family has been wonderful about all of this,” said Sean. “They understand that with my dreams and goals of being a professional drag racer, I have to take advantage an opportunity like this. I am very fortunate to have the chance to drive for Ron, Bob Devour, and the entire RMM team. It is going be a lot of fun at the races competing against my family!”

Following a very successful 2006 season for RMM, team owner Ron Meer is excited about the changes for 2007. “Sean is a great addition to our team,” said Ron. “With the ever changing Motorsports industry, we have to find any advantage possible, and Sean is a bright kid. He has been around racing a long time, and he is fitting in very well. I am very excited to get the season started. That being said I want to personally wish all the best to our former driver John Weaver. He did a great job for us and will succeed in anything he does.”

The RMM team will test extensively before the season opening Carquest Winternationals at the famed Auto Club Raceway in Pomona, CA. Race fans are invited to stop by and meet the teams driver, owner, and crew.

Courtesy Ron Meer Motorsports

2. bud7291

bud7291 New Member

good for Sean

hmm... one thing not noted is that he was a very successful Jr. Drag racer (but that field seems to not ever be considered as experience). Its been a long time since I have seen him, but he was a really cool kid back when I knew him. Best of luck to him.

CJ Curtsinger